Where to get a single bass drum that matches my set

oldmetalhead

I am seriously considering upgrading my set to a double bass. Where can I find a blue sparkle 22 or 24" that matches?

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
I have both a double bass kit and a double pedal, and while I like the convenience of the double pedal, the look and feel of two actual bass drums cannot be denied.

oldmetalhead

I have considered a double pedal but I kind of agree with Dave Lombardo that two bass drums allows the heads to separately recoil. Someone asked for a picture and I shall attempt to get it on here. The kit is a Ludwig.

Attachments

alparrott

Platinum Member
Shop around for Ludwig Element Evolution bass drum and see if you can find a better price. Or there might be a used but nice one on Reverb.

oldmetalhead

Drums on sale seems to be the only place that has just the bass drum. Thanks anyway guys. I may pick one up next year.

I have both a double bass kit and a double pedal, and while I like the convenience of the double pedal, the look and feel of two actual bass drums cannot be denied.
Not to mention the two alternate sounds produced by two well tuned bass drums played by a skilled drummer. Nothing like it in music IMO.