Where is Rikki going?

He's going for Yamaha pedals and hardware, too. That must be a big change for him. He's played dw pedals since the 80's, when he still was with Pearl drums.
Good for him. They make good hardware too & I'm sure he'll do good by them.
I met him when he played some club dates near me & wasn't very personable. Could've been for reasons I didn't know about, so I just said "Good luck man!" and headed on out.

Nothing wrong with them , just not for me. I have played them, they've always seemed like American copies to me.. Same with guitars Japanese Strats are great but I prefer American ones.. It's my problem not yours.

Nothing wrong with them , just not for me. I have played them, they've always seemed like American copies to me.. Same with guitars Japanese Strats are great but I prefer American ones.. It's my problem not yours.
Interesting. I guess I've always been less concerned with where they were manufactured vs how well they're manufactured. We've all heard horror stories about DW or Ludwig or whoever's kits being messed up despite being American made. (Same of course applies to non-American drum brands).

Follow up question, what is the American quality they are trying to copy? (I'm a Canadian so I don't have a dog in the fight, I'm genuinely curious).

Anywho back on topic, this is cool for Rikki. Kind of an unexpected move, but that makes it interesting to me! Also where's his second kick. lol.

-Jonathan

I didn’t know Poison was so popular.

Episode 2 Wow GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

So after watching his reasoning video, put me in the Rikki Rocket fan camp. Well spoken, great approach to his resoning as to why he switched, well articulated and he answers important questions, and I love the kit he chose. I grew up in the 80's and when Poison broke, i wasnt a fan at all. too "lightweight, bubble gum, hair band stuff mostly. Anyway, after listening to him, I like his attitude and knowledge about drums, drumming, and he has some chops compared to the crap tunes they put out.

Interesting question, especially since Pete/Donkey/Z26 is in Australia.

I'm from the USA, so the impetus to buy "Made in 'Murca" seems logical. I'm more like you, though, Jonathon. I generally buy based on factors other than place of manufacturer.
Hey thanks for the disclosure , really neato! So Americans can choose Japanese drums built in Taiwan , but AWWstrayleeuns are weird because they prefer drums designed and made in Amurica, Canadians don't give a shit... Oh you forgot to call me a troll/ smurf. thanks again for taking an interest in my business.

Last edited:
Back