Where does your band practice?

rstix

Where does your band practice? How are the acoustics and how large is the place?

This is my funk/rock/fusion band Tito's Wild Ride. We're getting some genesis and steely dan covers down for a festival next saturday.

I use the gretsch popcorn snare for open-handed funk playing - but it's a tight squeeze trying to get my left hand in there. I need to invest in a rack that can hold both my 12" tom and this funky little snare drum. Any ideas?

rstix

im diggin the yamahas my brotha! looks like an excellent spot. I love playing at the air hanger (and similar to your spot) because the sound travels so naturally when you play outside or towards outside. The prac hall at TU has been professionally sound treated three times and it still does not beat the airplane hanger

?uesto

Silver Member
im diggin the yamahas my brotha! looks like an excellent spot. I love playing at the air hanger (and similar to your spot) because the sound travels so naturally when you play outside or towards outside. The prac hall at TU has been professionally sound treated three times and it still does not beat the airplane hanger
Tulane?

Toolate

Platinum Member
No band for me but a couple jam buddies. My crappy basement or in the back of my friends clothing company. Its a fashion design space with huge desks and fabric cutting tables, cork boards with outfits tacked up etc. and always feels like some mannequin is watching. Huge space with concrete block walls and the kit sounds incredible but waaaaay too loud.

brady

Platinum Member
We rehearse in the basement of my piano player's house. It's actually a really nice finished room, but it is the basement.

rstix

We rehearse in the basement of my piano player's house. It's actually a really nice finished room, but it is the basement.
basements are homes for bands i find lol

No band for me but a couple jam buddies. My crappy basement or in the back of my friends clothing company. Its a fashion design space with huge desks and fabric cutting tables, cork boards with outfits tacked up etc. and always feels like some mannequin is watching. Huge space with concrete block walls and the kit sounds incredible but waaaaay too loud.
you can always adorn some carpets on the walls - and playing quieter :D

Tulane?

University of Tulsa actually!

MaryO

Platinum Member
We rotate between my tiny basement...a tight fit for even a 3 piece band but at least I don't have to move the kit...the guitarists garage and the keyboardists back deck.

BrandonXD

Currently, in the local studio. We negotiated with the guy who runs it to give us free rehearsal time until September I believe.
But once that's up, the we'll be digging up the bassist's garden, building a practice room and whacking some cheap amps and a cheap kit in it ;)

cooldrummer95

we practice in a rented rehearsal space in the upstairs of a local record store. there are probably a dozen or so other rooms up there with various genres of music. it's a lot of fun talking to all the other bands and getting to know them!

Toolate

Platinum Member
you can always adorn some carpets on the walls - and playing quieter :D

Uh ya- working on that for a couple years now.... I am a little better..

H

Hellwyck

My band practice in the lovely named "Club Bastard"; a room in an old mill in Accrington, Lancashire.

I would post pics but the location is secret.

SbrickwallS

I have a seperate building next to my home that I have converted part of it into what I refer to as "Ft. Grudge". The studio space is 25' x 20'. I had a spray in sealent (polyurethane) applied to all four walls and the ceiling to help with the soundproofing and the temperature. Added some soundproof wallboard and then drywalled the entire thing along with some carpet. It's not completely soundproof but my bands can play as loud as we want, as late as we want without bothering any of my neighbors. I have had it for about 10 years now and I probably spend more time out there then I do inside my home. lol

Attachments