Where do you guys put your cell phones at a gig?

no talent

I have been trying to figure out what to do with my cell phone at gigs lately. after turning the ringer off, i usually lay it on top of my stick bag on the floor next to either my hi-hat pedal or my floor tom side depending on space. some gigs there is a window sill so i use that. i did rest it on my guitar players amp and forgot it during tear down, he put it in his jacket pocket and just before leaving he remembered and gave it to me. this got me thinking, there has to besome way to mount it to the hi hat or on my rack.

With the ringer off, on the floor near the high hat with Live BPM on so I can check tempo now & then.

On the floor by the hi-hat, so I can keep track of time.

I'm in the habit of always having it on me. There's a company called "Rip-Offs" that make these cool pouches for small tools with a belt clip and I have one that fits my phone. They also make other belt pouches, like one for a flashlight and leatherman-type tool. Being a stage technician at Disneyland, we're required to have at least these simple tools on hand all the time, so my phone is one of them. I just wear it. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to whip it out and shoot video while I'm playing with the band!

I leave it on the floor by the hat footboard face up so I can see what time it is. I am the guy who is responsible for cutting a song if we look like we will run long.

On the floor under the floor. But with our new digital rig, it's gonna be clipped onto a stand so I can mix my in-ears as needed.

With the ringer off, on the floor near the high hat with Live BPM on so I can check tempo now & then.

Interesting, so you just finished a song that was supposed to be 120 bpm, you look down, and you/your band played it up at 135 bpm. It's too late.
What do you do?

I put it in one of these . . . . .

Attachments

• DrumWaiterLoRes2.png
    DrumWaiterLoRes2.png
    388.5 KB · Views: 282
Interesting, so you just finished a song that was supposed to be 120 bpm, you look down, and you/your band played it up at 135 bpm. It's too late.
What do you do?

I throw a stick at the bass player and don't accept any blame.

I also clip it to the HH stand and run live BPM. I haven't been able to adjust to playing with a click. Live BPM tells me if I am straying too far.

Back