Where do you fit in??

GetAgrippa

Platinum Member
Mr Polack I suspect you have a large well connected corpus callosum so equal hemispheric connections to explain this phenomena. I’m going to have to inject you with some tracer and MRI your brain to determine if I’m correct.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Mr Polack I suspect you have a large well connected corpus callosum so equal hemispheric connections to explain this phenomena. I’m going to have to inject you with some tracer and MRI your brain to determine if I’m correct.
Sounds good to me. Just be gentle, needles make me nervous.

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Looks like I’m a groover! Interesting part of the image though...I bet even non drummers get the same impression, not really knowing why.

Rock Salad

I like one up, so that would make me a groover. Well, I am trying anyway...
Some clown at our shows keeps calling me more cowbell though. huh

rhumbagirl

Groover here, but I was the shy one at some point. I might also be a cymbalholic since I've added two crashes and a splash lately, with ideas to add two more crashes. I know I might be an alcoholic. I'm on my 2nd 30ct case of beer in 3 months.

NouveauCliche

find your spot.
70/30 Groover to Minimal.

However - I will say that only because the sheer amount of shows that require set up and tear down of my personal kit. Now that we are in COVID home studio days - I have a huge rig with aux snares and tons of effects cymbals that hadn't seen the light of day for years haha.

C.M. Jones

As a one-up, one-down enthusiast, I'm "The Groover" drum-wise, though I use more cymbals than the above example illustrates.

rhumbagirl

Even a 3-piece kit can start to feel like a cockpit in a starship once you add mics, overheads, an audio interface, and spot for the laptop. You're still a groover but there's a lot of gear there.

I've added a 10in tom to the left of my 11in tom but because the ride is still at the same position, I consider my kit a variation of the 1up 1down configuration. If the sliding glass door to the rear patio wasn't to the left of my hihat, I'd add a piccolo snare there as well. Heck I'd put my Pearl rack in there if I could figure out how to mount TAMA drums to it. I've got the LP mounting jig for jam blocks, tambourines, and cowbells. But if I'm not currently using all that, I suppose I'm not a gear head.