Where can I buy this??????

Drumgod21

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum but have been drumming for 30 years. I'm looking at buying a very specific drumset but like everyone, am on a tight budget. I know they don't make the PDP 805 series anymore but I am looking for exactly what is pictured here. Exactly. Set up, sizes, color, detail....exactly. Anyone who can give me some insight as to how to get this kit, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

Attachments

gdmoore28

Gold Member
Good luck, my friend. And welcome to Drummerworld. The various colored kits from numerous manufacturers were a very short lived trend. The audience for them was very small and quickly saturated. As Spaz can tell you, finding a particular colored kit, or even a spare drum, can be a long, drawn-out process. I would suggest you find your kit the same way he did - constantly monitoring ebay and US-wide CL. Of course, everybody here will be on notice, too, so if I were you I'd regularly bump this thread so that contacting you will be easy.

GeeDeeEmm

Drumgod21

Wow. All 20" basses?? Crap was hoping it was a 22". Yeah-picky I know. But I want it to be what I want!! I appreciate the links-you're awesome!!!! Thank you!

Drumgod21

So I've always used a 18x22" bass. With this kit having a 20x20" how would that compare? What kind of sound would I get? Thanks

D

drumming sort of person

The bigger issue with a bass drum that's 20" deep is finding a stage where it will fit, not to mention a car that it will fit into.

Drumgod21

The bigger issue with a bass drum that's 20" deep is finding a stage where it will fit, not to mention a car that it will fit into.
So if that's my only issue with it I should be good for where I play. Regarding sound comparison though, I need that deep, gut punching thump. Am I gonna get enough low end with a 20" or is it all about the depth?