What's your plans with your current DW drums?

What's your plans with your DW Drums?

• I'll sell them if there's an opportunity to make a great deal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll sell them if there's an opportunity to just get my money back

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Supergrobi

Honorary Member
Rumors say that all or at least the absolute majority of DW owners are just looking for a great re-sale value, not appreciating their drums as an instrument but more like an investment. Let's find out, at least for this particular forums members (which has not too much significance because of the small number of respondents).

It would be nice if only current owners of a DW drum set cast a vote here. Feel free to argue your vote in the thread.

I bought my DW Collectors at the time my dad was slowly dying because of cancer. I cared for him 24/7 over 4 months, feeding, changing diapers, washing him and much more you don't want to know more about. While slowly going nuts about the circumstances I had to take some action in order to cast the whole situation in a positive light. That was the moment I decided to spend part of the inheritance into something stupidly expensive I normally would never pay for. It took seconds to decide for a new drum set from a brand I was always digging - DW Collectors.

I could have bought a SONOR but it hasn't the same meaning to me. It's a German company and it's as famous as DW. So even starting with early musical education one is confronted wit SONOR stuff all over the place. Recorders, chimes, shakers, whatever you use in any educational environment comes from SONOR over here. This is why it is perceived as some random standard and the foreign stuff is the hot shit I guess. Maybe this is why lots of Americans dream of a SONOR while lots of Germans dream of a DW - it's always the foreign fruits that seem juicy. Also the SONOR SQ2 in this constellation would have cost even more.

That's how it came that I ordered a top notch drum set from the US. They are even better than expected, I absolutely love them - without becoming a fan boi - it's just drums, still.

Last edited:
The vote option doesn't work for me, but I plan on keeping my DW drums. I've owned a few great sets over the years and sure, there are nuances to different drums, but they always sound like me. The dee dubs do everything I need, so I don't have any desire to chase after another set.

I added another answer which might fit.

Yeah, the poll doesn't work, as it does not allow one to cast a vote.

Also, I would reword answers 3-5 slightly, changing "I'll definitely" to "I may" (i.e. "I may sell them if there's an opportunity to make a great deal"). "Definitely" is too definitive, and I'm sure most people wouldn't know for sure if they'd definitely sell in any of those circumstances.

Yes, maybe @SomeBadDrummer has some ideas, although searching Xenforo support forums revealed that there's problems with casting votes on polls in the latest software version.

Moderators and Administrators are able to vote, registered users aren't.

I dug into the permissions snake pit of the admin panel and found some really strange settings. I just gave Bernhard a call about it and he told me that it might have been some legacy stuff. He gave me the permission to enable voting for registered users in all sub forums which I just did, so polls are open to vote on now on the whole drummerworld forums.

Also, I would reword answers 3-5 slightly, changing "I'll definitely" to "I may" (i.e. "I may sell them if there's an opportunity to make a great deal"). "Definitely" is too definitive, and I'm sure most people wouldn't know for sure if they'd definitely sell in any of those circumstances.

You're right about the wording, I removed the "definitely".

I dont own DW so I did not vote as per the instructions. If I did, it would go down just like any other drum purchase, no plans for resale at all. If life so dictates, I'll sell, but it's never a consideration upon purchase. I do this with all my stuff. I buy what I want, and do what I can to make it last forever. If I have to sell it, so be it. If it breaks and is irreparable, so be it. But my objective with this kind of purchase is to keep it forever.

And I would happily drill holes and add/subtract hardware from ANY drum in a heartbeat if:
1. I own it; and
2. I want to.

I’m just a lowly, peasant Design series owner; not sure if I’m worthy of placing a vote in this prestigious thread.

Honestly, I've played so many gigs with my DWs that I don't think I can part with them at this point. I have over 10 years and 200+ gigs and I have a
sentimental connection with them. I dream of maybe owning a new Ludwig Maple Classic or Gretsch Brooklyn someday but I don't ever see my DWs
falling completely out of my drum rotation. I still get compliments on them and they continue to be my "workhorse" kit.

Back