What's your latest purchase?

Well, technically it looks like you did in fact get the 16" FT. It just came with the rest of the kit as a package deal.......no crime, no foul.
I did. I saw a 16"FT and the guy wanted $300 + $150 shipping. I picked up these Genistas local for $500. There are some cracks in the lacquer on the bottom of the kick and a small spot on the FT but it should be an easy fix.

I did. I saw a 16"FT and the guy wanted $300 + $150 shipping. I picked up these Genistas local for $500. There are some cracks in the lacquer on the bottom of the kick and a small spot on the FT but it should be an easy fix.

Awesome, those will sound fantastic. I thought they were Genistas by the lugs but I'm not a Premier expert. A $500 Genista kit that only has a couple cosmetic flaws is a great deal on a nice sounding kit. I have come across more people that regret selling a Genista or Signia kit than happy to dump them.......

Great score.

I don't think it's ever been played. The heads are the the Premier Supersonic stock, no stick marks at all, and the kick hoop is pristine. No pedal has ever touched that hoop or it was a great protector.
I feel slightly guilty for only paying $500.

Starclassic Walnut/Birch 12/8 16/16 and a 22/14 kick. I ve been playing all maple for awhile and wanted to add something different. I love the shallower kick and the laquer finish. I think I will swap out the heads on the toms w Aquarians (texture coated). So far so good.PXL_20220416_173229568.jpgPXL_20220416_173450845.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a Fibes Crystalite off of Reverb.
Needs a small bit of refurb.
Will post pics when tweaked.

what do you like about them ?

Sorry for such a short and useless response! Here we go:

I've owned three professional pairs of hi hats in my life; 13" A Custom top, Mastersound bottom (unfortunately stolen a few years ago), 15" New Beats and 14" K Custom Session Hats. I've had fun with all three over the past 15+ years, but I had found pretty big flaws with each. The Fat Hats seem to round out a lot of the flaws the other ones had.

the 13" pair was really fun and bright. All of the sound characteristics you would want from a 13 pair, but sounded pretty wimpy when played open.

The 15" pair was amazing for when I started playing out a lot in my late teens/early 20's. They projected really well from the stage and cut through the loud guitars I was playing with. However, they are like manhole covers. Super thick, don't feel great to play and not my favorite sound in the studio under mics.

The 14" K Custom Session Hats are awesome. These are the ones Zildjian collaborated with Gadd on. They're beautiful in the studio. They don't speak well on stage though. They don't project. Feels like there is a layer of "plastic" or something around them. Hard to describe. A bit muted.

These Fat Hats are everything I've been looking for. They cut. They're dark and bright at the same time. They feel amazing in the hand. And they sound and feel so good when riding them open. I played a 3 hour rehearsal with them last week and drove home with a big stupid smile on my face. It has been a long time since an instrument has made me so happy to own and play.

I love all of my cymbals! I understand that they are each individual musical instruments and give me something unique, not to mention the memories, gigs, recordings and good times I associate with each of them. I'm just loving these new hats right now and they're giving me exactly what I wanted.

Sorry for such a short and useless response! Here we go:

I've owned three professional pairs of hi hats in my life; 13" A Custom top, Mastersound bottom (unfortunately stolen a few years ago), 15" New Beats and 14" K Custom Session Hats. I've had fun with all three over the past 15+ years, but I had found pretty big flaws with each. The Fat Hats seem to round out a lot of the flaws the other ones had.

the 13" pair was really fun and bright. All of the sound characteristics you would want from a 13 pair, but sounded pretty wimpy when played open.

The 15" pair was amazing for when I started playing out a lot in my late teens/early 20's. They projected really well from the stage and cut through the loud guitars I was playing with. However, they are like manhole covers. Super thick, don't feel great to play and not my favorite sound in the studio under mics.

The 14" K Custom Session Hats are awesome. These are the ones Zildjian collaborated with Gadd on. They're beautiful in the studio. They don't speak well on stage though. They don't project. Feels like there is a layer of "plastic" or something around them. Hard to describe. A bit muted.

These Fat Hats are everything I've been looking for. They cut. They're dark and bright at the same time. They feel amazing in the hand. And they sound and feel so good when riding them open. I played a 3 hour rehearsal with them last week and drove home with a big stupid smile on my face. It has been a long time since an instrument has made me so happy to own and play.

I love all of my cymbals! I understand that they are each individual musical instruments and give me something unique, not to mention the memories, gigs, recordings and good times I associate with each of them. I'm just loving these new hats right now and they're giving me exactly what I wanted.
glad to hear it ! what size are they ?

Last edited:
Sonor Perfect Balance Standard pedal. Figured I'd take the plunge after all these years.
You're gonna love it! I'm glad you did. ENJOY!

Drummer_D

Back