What's your latest purchase?

Looks like you're in Iowa. I'm well north of there. You guys don't even have winters. :D

Really, though, winter is my favorite season. Nothing else comes close. I love the serenity winter enforces. The world seems to quiet itself. Summer is a three-month beach party of mischief and bad taste, but winter restores order and dignity to the land.
In my area?..summer brings out all the roaches of society..cop cars screaming up the street..shootings..summer is just a reason for to many to get into trouble. You are spot on about winter. My fiance and I many times mention how all the freaks and weirdos disappear during winter.

Picked up some old Sabian hi hats. The ink markings are 99% gone so I'm not sure of the model or whether they're AA or pre-AA. In any case they sound nice and are an upgrade from the Pro series hats that came with this kit.

Husqvarna- best lawnmower I've owned. It's an all wheel drive model. They cost a bit more up front but it was worth it not to have to push a mower through the thick wet grass we get down south.. That thing pulls me!
Freddie just crushed a long home run to make it 7-0

I have been trying different hot sauces (i use them on my eggs every morning) trying to find something with great flavor and not just heat.. Lately i have been going through the Angry Goat line of sauces and am pretty happy (i dilute them 50% with water though, just easier to pour from my squeeze bottle, plus "Goat Rider" was a bit hot) But i just ordered some of this a few mins ago, can't wait to try it...

P.S. The hot sauce i have found with the best flavor so far is still Secret Aardvark though... not very hot but tastes great.
Amazon.com : Sweaty Beaver Hot Sauce : Grocery & Gourmet Food

I'm warm-blooded by nature and don't get cold easily. Even in subzero conditions, which descend upon my region regularly throughout winter, I don't layer-up the way some people do. A sturdy coat, regular pants, mittens, and a seasonal hat usually do the trick for me. I was made to dwell in Antarctica.

Man, i used to be like this but since i lost weight (250>165#) when it gets below like 45 i need a jacket now which is odd to me.. BUT on the upside when it's 95 out i wear long sleeves still and the heat doesn't bother me :) Used to be if it was above like 80 i would be in the AC. so not a bad trade off..

Midwest winters are so depressing..when it's super cold and windy I damn near need medication. All's I think of is wind chills..frost bite..little animals surviving outdoors..white hazed streets..car breakdowns..i have all of this to look forward to..AGAIN..talk about DEPRESSING..i need light therapy.
Or a move to a warmer climate. This is why FL has so many snow birds.

Man, i used to be like this but since i lost weight (250>165#) when it gets below like 45 i need a jacket now which is odd to me.. BUT on the upside when it's 95 out i wear long sleeves still and the heat doesn't bother me :) Used to be if it was above like 80 i would be in the AC. so not a bad trade off..
I'm very lean yet have always felt quite comfortable in cold weather. Heat drains me. I grew up in a hot climate and fantasized about long winters. Now that I have them, they aren't long enough. Maybe I'll retire in Northern Alaska. :)

I have been trying different hot sauces (i use them on my eggs every morning) trying to find something with great flavor and not just heat.. Lately i have been going through the Angry Goat line of sauces and am pretty happy (i dilute them 50% with water though, just easier to pour from my squeeze bottle, plus "Goat Rider" was a bit hot) But i just ordered some of this a few mins ago, can't wait to try it...

P.S. The hot sauce i have found with the best flavor so far is still Secret Aardvark though... not very hot but tastes great.
View attachment 110027
Here's my go-to salsa:

Ren_Mango-Habanero-0051_1024x1024.png

I was always seeing Emmanuelle Caplette practicing with some sort of baseball bats:
EC-VIC-FIRTH-2013-600x902.jpg

So, I got curious and I ordered these Vic Firth Ralph Hardimon signature. Here you can see them compared to a 5AN:
IMG_20211103_185556.jpg
The rebound is unbelievably awesome, and on a moongel practice pad my forearms start screaming mercy in no time!
I'm going to use them only on practice pads, but I can propose also the following uses of you are interested:
  • Use them on the cymbal you have but you don't like: you will soon need a new one
  • Use them on the drums: really good for (re)tuning them over and over and become a master tuner
Oh, and for the happiness of my neighbors, I received these pre-loved subtle jazzy mellow creamy hats in very good condition at a very fair price:
IMG_20211103_173949.jpg

It depends on the work cb. If strenuous I go light or mid weight base layers . If sedentary I go mid to heavy weight. It all depends on the conditions , activity level, duration of such and personal biological factors. First …. NO COTTON as a base . I’ve had good experiences with cabelas and bass pro shops stuff and under armor. Any one of your choosing that wicks moisture away from skin to the mid or outer layer. Base layers that don’t wick will keep you cold , so no cotton , I repeat NO COTTON base layers. Overdressing is no good either. The idea is enough clothes with a wicking base layer without sweating too much . It won’t matter how good the base layer is if your wet . I walk a lot to my hunting and fishing locations and will often walk in just the base layers , bb cap , and boots . When I get where I’m going only my feet are damp sometimes from sweat so off those socks come and néw ones go on . I’ll cool down a bit if a little sweaty but before a chill sets in and then put on my outer layers. So it’s the same for feet. With base layers dampness and sweat are your enemy. If you’re wet you’ll never be warm . It took a lot of trial and error over the years( everyone is different) to figure out how to dress properly for most conditions. It actually is a science .

I second the "no cotton base layer" if you want to stay warm doing barn chores on those sub-zero mornings.

Since you're now an AHEAD player, give their Rockstix Light model a try sometime. That's what I use when I need a rod vibe.

View attachment 110081
I will indeed! Great for brushes & cajon work.
I like the Rute's because of the side sticking ability of the wood shaft. Something the Ahead's wouldn't be able to do.

Last edited:
Back