What's your latest purchase?

20” HH Sabian Leopard Ride. 3000 grams.

I’m curious about this cymbal and got a pretty good price on it. There isn’t much literature about it but it definitely seems to be a ping heavy cymbal with a clear/cutting bell. Not crashable. Anyone with insights they can share?

I’ve got some lighter and heavier 21” rides so this should fit nicely in the collection.

Attachments

• 3FEF9D3D-B2D2-43E5-98C7-40742041AB98.jpeg
    3FEF9D3D-B2D2-43E5-98C7-40742041AB98.jpeg
    653 KB · Views: 9
20” HH Sabian Leopard Ride. 3000 grams.

I’m curious about this cymbal and got a pretty good price on it. There isn’t much literature about it but it definitely seems to be a ping heavy cymbal with a clear/cutting bell. Not crashable. Anyone with insights they can share?

I’ve got some lighter and heavier 21” rides so this should fit nicely in the collection.
I've never heard one, but I love the look. There was a time when I gravitated toward brilliant finishes I could keep spotless through polishing, but those days are dead. I now prefer a worn and blemished surface that calls for no cleaning beyond dust removal. You've definitely got that here.

Last edited:
How do you like the Trick beater? I usually play the standard Danmar felt and red wood beaters, heavier than wood?
I love the trick beater. I don’t think my drum heads like it but I love the consistent sound I get out of it.

That said, it’s not for everything, I have roughly 15 or 20 beaters I switch out depending on how I want it to sound.

but my biggest thing about the trick is I love the way it feels. Not too heavy not too light but packs a punch

Woah! Beautiful! How does it feel?

still getting it dialed in but even out of the box it felt great.

I still think my favorite pedal is the Pearl eliminator Redline though.

but on first impression I do think I like the DW feel over my Trick Big Foot

Why is he wearing a mask? Was there a studio audience? 🤔

im assuming this was filmed at the height of the pandemic and likely restrictions around indoor mask wearing in places of business

I've been wondering about the trick beaters also and I'm use Danmar reds.
The trick dominator is a really great beater. It’s not as heavy as most people would expect. It’s lighter than the DW beater that comes with this pedal even with only 2 of the brass inserts.

I think the balance and feel of the dominator pedal is super good.
Wearas I don’t really like the way the trick beaters that came standard on my Trick Big Foot pedal.

I already have a 6.5" Classic Maple snare, but wanted one in the salesman wrap. Finally found one for a great price.
And 18" and 20" Paiste Masters dark crashes.

Attachments

• LudwigClassicMaple_6-5x14_salesman_1_sm.jpg
    LudwigClassicMaple_6-5x14_salesman_1_sm.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 9
  • MastersDarkCrashes_18-20_1_sm.jpg
    MastersDarkCrashes_18-20_1_sm.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 9
Well, after 32 years of playing with the same kick pedal I finally broke down and ordered DW 9000. Probably good for another 32 years.

Replacing the Pearl P-880P double pedal which has been used in single pedal form for the past 20 years. Prior to that I was playing a Speed King so.......been playing for 37+ years and only had 2 pedals......kinda wondering if the DW will take some getting used to.

Also a testament to the Pearl's longevity....it has gone through many a gig, had many liquids of all types splashed, spilled or ejected on it over the years.

Also a testament to the Pearl's longevity....it has gone through many a gig, had many liquids of all types splashed, spilled or ejected on it over the years.
I’m always surprised at how well/smooth my IC pedal feels when I see how much it’s covered in dirt and debris. I think I’ve cleaned it twice in 15 years.

I’m always surprised at how well/smooth my IC pedal feels when I see how much it’s covered in dirt and debris. I think I’ve cleaned it twice in 15 years.
Cleaned? I honestly can't remember even thinking of cleaning it in 32 years....... I feel like a horrible person. I stepped on this thing in unkind ways for 32years and gave it no love. I'll give it a retirement cleaning before it enters "backup" duty.

Well, after 32 years of playing with the same kick pedal I finally broke down and ordered DW 9000. Probably good for another 32 years.

Replacing the Pearl P-880P double pedal which has been used in single pedal form for the past 20 years. Prior to that I was playing a Speed King so.......been playing for 37+ years and only had 2 pedals......kinda wondering if the DW will take some getting used to.

You will probably hate it at first, just give it a week or 2 :) I recently tried a different pedal after 7 years of only using 1 and was likeNOOO!! back to the one i'm used to.

and i was shocked how dirty my pedal was when i pulled it out (my drums never leave my drum room so it never gets moved/cleaned) Kinda felt bad.. gave it a quick cleaning then back to getting stomped on 2000 times a day :)

Back