What's your latest purchase?

Very cool, but the programming required for something like that scares me a bit.

The UX is cool, everything is snappy, nothing quirky, but one has to know what he's doing, otherwise it might become overwhelming because of too many options and possibilities. Other effect boards have some defined DSP routines with maybe some rudimentary routing capabilities, but here literally everything is possible. The box also has MIDI (and lots of MIDI effects), so you can use all synths and sound generators available for Linux, too. 🤯 And the loopers and sequencers are the icing on the nerd cake.

HEY SWEETWATER!!!!!
2 new 22" Evans Hydraulic heads today.
BUT!
THEY FORGOT THE CANDY!
Happened to me twice. Maybe that's why my gear advisor doesn't work there anymore. :unsure:

Getting the new (to me) Slingerland ready for some shows coming up.

These turned up today. Loving the CS Dots at the moment so 13”&16” batter heads, some ambassadors for their resos, plus a coated CS batter for my Black Beauty.

Oh, also a couple of bass drum hoop protectors.

Finally, got round to getting a new gigging carpet (haven’t unrolled it yet, so for now please enjoy a stock photo)

6E0E9410-3BF4-487D-AEE0-DCBCC8D167B7.jpeg

C0EAA1AC-09F2-42DA-9BA3-7C978D3B4688.jpeg

Last edited:
My quest for darker cymbal sounds continues with this set of Istanbul Mehmet’s Black Sea 1623 cymbal set . This particular line has more shimmer than you would expect by looking at them . They are not particularly dry either . They controlled and warm sounding cymbals . The crashes and hihats are particularly excellent .E8AE6707-B91D-4B5A-B63F-09699F924397.jpeg

IMG_8230.jpg

I am completely over the moon about this. I have been playing a 22x18 Absolute Hybrid Maple but always wanted a 22x14 to complete my shell bank. I can't help it-- I could never get with the 18" deep drums even though this one sounded incredible. So, I happened to find a guy with a brand new 22x14 who was looking for a 22x18. I paid some extra money because his was new and mine wasn't, but now my shell bank is complete: 22x14, 18x14, 16x15, 14x13, 13x9, 12x8, 10x7, 14x6.

First gig in a long long time so a chance to properly try out my new Gretsch USA Bronze 5" snare. This is essentially THE snare sound I've heard in my head for years, so pleased to have found it, definitely a keeper!
Isn't it one of the cheapest high quality bronze snare in the market?

B590E3DF-648B-4B97-983C-F2D1E2329F08.jpeg
Went to Montana to visit daughter over the weekend, and along the way, stopped and picked these up. Going to try the coated pinstripes on my Pearl.

If your ever in Billings, check out Hansen Music, they are a great local shop with an excellent little drum department, I almost bought a tackle stick bag instead of the Sabian.

Last edited:
I don't have many to show yet, still setting up and ordered a matching floor and snare stand for the rack tom. Sizes are 20x14/12x8/14x14/16x16 (on order) all in olive oyster pearl. Also got a new old stock 2012 Legacy maple snare, with a p88 thrown in. Also the new 14x6.5 limited 75 world wide glacier blue with nickel hardware classic maple snare and a pile of Zildjian A's. Busy day.View attachment 109092
I love that kind of "busy" days!!!!

These turned up today. Loving the CS Dots at the moment so 13”&16” batter heads, some ambassadors for their resos, plus a coated CS batter for my Black Beauty.

Finally, got round to getting a new gigging carpet (haven’t unrolled it yet, so for now please enjoy a stock photo)

View attachment 109182

View attachment 109185
I ove this one, too bad it's not 7x5, it reminds me the rugs at my parents' house, pure afghanistan's rugs.

Haven't seen many people using Agners. I've been a fan of their Maple SD2's for a couple years now. Haven't had much luck with distributors here in the U.S. so I order straight from Switzerland. I always bring a pair to my local shops to try out gear and everyone who's tried them, loves em'!

I Iike the texture of them a lot better than the thick coated Hardimons.

View attachment 109182

View attachment 109185
Are those pipe organ pedals in the top photo?

Would not trust these sites at all. That price is very scam-ish. Those shopping search engines change their name and I think they use previously sold items pics for their postings...I think it uses our search engine data as well to further entice.

It appears those pictures are from Reverb listing that already ended (sold for $900) from Hawthorne's in Pittsburgh PA, sorry
UPDATE: Interestingly I have gotten several responses from the 'seller' about shipping, and even received a bogus tracking number/link showing the drum getting shipped from China lol. Here's what was in the last one 10 days ago:
profile_mask2.png

Dear Williams,
Thank you so much of your purchased from the website https://www.thoscal.com/
Your order has been shipped out, the Tracking No. is LY898841640CN
Please track it here https://t.17track.net/en#nums
you can track it after a few days as it will not update so quickly.
Because the COVID-19, you may get the package within 15-25 days after shipping.
By the way, do not reply back to the email because it is just for informing the Tracking No.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by the quick link.

However, the drum I purchased and was purportedly being shipped from China is still available for sale on the same site!:

So, because I purchased using Paypal, I went to their site, and in 5 minutes had filled out the form, uploaded supporting evidence and they refunded the full amount.

Buyer beware of scumbags.

Attachments

• Thoscal track.PNG
    Thoscal track.PNG
    321.5 KB · Views: 6
Back