What's your latest purchase?

2 X THRONES / TAMA HYDRAULIC HEAVEN /WORKSHOP ROLLER THRONE
Hooo, great, I have this throne, with the back rest be the ergo rider, non hydraulic though, it's a super seat!!! What are you going on do with your workshop roller throne with drums?? Why do you need all the drawers? For spare parts for drums?

Well my Focusrite ISA 428 died last night during what was supposed to be a video shooting session with the Latin band. Random popping. Sounds really bad.

AB3D1FD6-82CA-4E0E-A2AD-9BDA48024677.jpeg

That's supposed to be silence. It has been a temperamental piece of gear the whole time I've had it, but this is an entirely new issue, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. It's handling four mic preamps, eight total channels of conversion, and sending word clock to another piece of digital equipment. Which is to say, I really need this thing to work in order for the studio to run properly, and be able to do the live tracking we need for this video shoot, which has been rescheduled for the 19th.

So I've ordered a Universal Audio 4-710D to replace it. Four mic pres and eight channels of conversion just like the ISA, but newer and with t00bz.

C766102A-F475-4C68-9377-F863B28DC319.jpeg
EDIT: it should be delivered tomorrow, however, I have a show out of town in Charlotte. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I bought a new 22” Paiste Masters Dark Crash Ride from badges from shop

Love it
21CA9D3E-B131-4646-9A0C-A0FA62E7CD67.jpeg

Well my Focusrite ISA 428 died last night during what was supposed to be a video shooting session with the Latin band. Random popping. Sounds really bad.

View attachment 108406

That's supposed to be silence. It has been a temperamental piece of gear the whole time I've had it, but this is an entirely new issue, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. It's handling four mic preamps, eight total channels of conversion, and sending word clock to another piece of digital equipment. Which is to say, I really need this thing to work in order for the studio to run properly, and be able to do the live tracking we need for this video shoot, which has been rescheduled for the 19th.

So I've ordered a Universal Audio 4-710D to replace it. Four mic pres and eight channels of conversion just like the ISA, but newer and with t00bz.

View attachment 108411
EDIT: it should be delivered tomorrow, however, I have a show out of town in Charlotte. Fingers crossed.
I was eventually going to buy either one of those. As much as I love Focusrite’s Clarett interfaces and their UI, the UA 4-710d always had my ear. Gonna need to see some pics when it comes in! Very nice piece of gear

I've been needing a new hi-hat stand for a while. I've got a couple of cheapies I picked up here and there but my main stand is a Ludwig that I'm pretty sure was professional quality when I bought it new...back around 1985.

So when I saw a listing for a used Pearl 930 in what appeared to be mint condition, for a very reasonable price...I waited. Not to play games but just because it's how I'm usually wired--I'm very much a look before you leap kinda guy. Also for sale was a bass drum pedal, also in excellent (if not quite as pristine) condition, but I had recently acquired a new Yamaha FP7210 with which I was quite pleased, so that wasn't as big a draw.

But after the ad being live for a few weeks, I finally wrote the gentleman. I acknowledged that the ad said the price for each piece was firm, but wondered if he'd give a bulk discount. And despite it being 2am, he wrote back promptly and said he'd give 10% off if I bought both.

So these are now mine. And I'm very pleased.

MyNewPearlHardware1.jpg MyNewPearlHardware2.jpg

(Honestly, I mainly picked these up in a quest to make @C.M. Jones proud.)

((And I remain the world's worst photographer.))

After calling a tow truck last Thursday I just had the Nissan dealer put a new battery and alternator in my Murano. With parts and labor you'll never BEGIN to imagine what the bill was. You'll think I'm lieing. After paying the bill I HAD to get a beer and sit on the deck with my dog.

After calling a tow truck last Thursday I just had the Nissan dealer put a new battery and alternator in my Murano. With parts and labor you'll never BEGIN to imagine what the bill was. You'll think I'm lieing. After paying the bill I HAD to get a beer and sit on the deck with my dog.
At the dealer, I'm guessing a late model Murano, batteries are in short supply so: $1500+ USD?
That number is obscene regardless, but it's my guesstimate.

At the dealer, I'm guessing a late model Murano, batteries are in short supply so: $1500+ USD?
That number is obscene regardless, but it's my guesstimate.
Your the first one to match it close. 1400 tax incl. Never in my life will I have this vehicle towed to the dealer.

Your the first one to match it close. 1400 tax incl. Never in my life will I have this vehicle towed to the dealer.
I figured, it's roughly $650 in parts (that 130A alternator ain't cheap), so double it and add about 10%. Dealerships are quite the racket.

Finally got one of these:
View attachment 108462
Paiste Twenty Masters Deep Ride 24". My second touch on this model, the first one was damaged and I sent it back.

I've been a paiste guy my entire life as my 2 favorite drummers play them. But over last 2 years really fell in love with the Meinl sound.

But as much as I love Meinl, NO ONE makes ride cymbals as good as Paiste. Will always have a few in my collection

Alright, one more. Before my Focusrite died, I was in the middle of having to juggle my dad's business closure and several short deadline recording projects amidst travel gigs and having other people pull me in various directions, so when I was offered a great deal on this thing, I decided to justify it as a stress purchase:

06C57D03-2E69-45F6-B110-F53AC756A4CA.jpegE6685147-2155-4BDC-A5B9-6F1F50366DF5.jpeg5828BEBB-380E-4713-9B23-74117D5F2155.jpeg8B3D9A0C-E086-4FA1-B0A2-F19393500600.jpeg

Titanium number Two-Tanium: a 2007 5x14. This thing sounds absolutely righteous. It has more of a handmade feel than my 2020 titanium, and it's a good bit heavier due to its having a thicker shell. Powerful, and open in just the right way. Might end up replacing a couple snares of similar size...

Back