What's your latest purchase?

Are there any more left from where you got it?
They had more more Black Panther which I also ordered. Will post tomorrow. Unfortunately those were the only two.

Recently purchased an EV RE20 for use as a bass drum mic. All the designated “kick” mics are fine and get the job done adequately in most situations… just wanted something with a flatter response at the source. It’s been nice being able to better fine tune the bass drum sound to meet the needs of the venue/situation. A bit more work up front, but worth it in the final product.
I also like the EV kick mic, the N68 I think. It’s R&D’d for the kick so I just plug and play for gigs. You can crank up the RE 20 I guess from the flat response. I like it for recording the kick, bass and guitar cabs and vocals. It’s my favorite for the kick for sure.
Happy Kickin

A4BFB982-1A6C-4623-AE1B-868D492BCE3B.jpeg
Ok I’m done for a while. Got a Saturn V kit, Shadow snare and I couldn’t resist this Predator snare. Paid $269 new, normally $499. I am a total sucker for a sale on Black Panther snare drums. This copper beauty sounds so dark and amazing.

Summit Drum Co. Black Walnut steambent solid shell by Master drum builder Gary Posey. 14 x 5.75, brass plated hardware, die cast hoops, single contact point lugs, matching walnut hand bent re-rings, Batman black Trick GS007 3 position throw off, 20 strand german wires, and brass Summit badges! Best part was I got to meet Gary and see his drum cave!

View attachment 107468View attachment 107468View attachment 107469View attachment 107470View attachment 107471
Wow! Beautiful drum!

Wow! Beautiful drum!
Thanks Patrick. I'll be spending today getting it setup, tuned, and or course hitting it with sticks! Gary's rep as a builder is spreading fast. He's such a nice person too. Was really a pleasure meeting him. For a one man operation it's just amazing what he's been able to accomplish up to this point. Your name came up too what with your additional orders. You got in at the right time as new kit orders won't be delivered until early summer '22. ;)beast 1a.jpgbeast 3a.jpgbeast 23a.jpgbeast 24a.jpg

Last edited:
My Tama Starclassic came in today, and boy is she a beaut. Still need to re-arrange my cymbal setup though.

I was originally supposed to get the Shamrock Oyster finish, but I got too impatient and just took the Jade Silk kit since it came in-stock sooner. Don't think I'm upset about that though cause this kit looks cooler than I thought in person.

drums3.jpg

Got two Sabian cymbals today:

- 18” SR2 Medium. Definitely was an HH Medium crash in its previous life. Has a pleasant dark/throaty/balanced tonal response. Opens up surprisingly easily given its characteristics. Tried it out as a secondary ride but it didn’t work out too well in that area. So this will make nice primary crash in lower volume settings.

-21” HH Raw Bell Ride - Phil Collins edition. This is a bit of a unicorn for me as I’m such a PC fanboy and this specific ride in this condition doesn’t come up for sale that readily in my area. Tried it for the first time today and I was struck by the pronounced ping and overall stiffness of the cymbal. The bell sounds great. Will definitely take some getting used to but I see its application when cleaner definition and more attack would prove of use. The crash is way too gongy so this is a ride only, and an especially hefty one.

I’m really looking forward to add these cymbals to my palate of sounds but it is bittersweet as I had to put down my beloved 8-year old English Bulldog Lord Wellington just one day earlier (he’s the one on the right!). He was a champ and loyal to the end and I will miss him greatly. Dogs - we don’t deserve them! ❤️😢

Sorry for the loss of your sweet bulldog

This is my first ever Gretsch snare drum purchase: the new Keith Carlock Signature 5.5” X 14” 2mm Brass. I’ve been researching building my own Bell Bronze 3mm snare, but was struggling with the cost justifying how much I would likely actually use it. I’m partial to bronze drums but the Keith Carlock snare—even though it’s a true brass shell—intrigued me as being much more versatile with its 2 mm shell. It’s 13.4 pounds of rocket sauce. I’m going to spend some time with it before posting an evaluation, but I do predict I’m going to prefer it in the lower tuning range. If you’re considering getting one realize that the patina finish differs from shell to shell. Don’t expect your snare to look identical to the Gretsch factory photos. Each brass shell will exhibit it’s own individual patina pattern—similar, but not identical—to what you see in Gretsch ads.

2A6BA193-7925-41E9-996A-74955A2E2955.jpeg15675036-59F1-40FC-8A92-F3BED951BF76.jpeg

Last edited:
Back