What's your latest purchase?

Interesting as you mention everything that has made me cautious about mahogany as well. I wish you lived closer so I could hear it in the flesh. Maybe Gary will have a mahogany drum at his place when I pick up my walnut snare in the next week or two. What sizes did you add to the kit?
Gary sent me some sound clips of the snare, so I felt pretty safe about it.
Not sure why, but I felt strange/guilty ordering more drums so soon. The kit lacks nothing as it is. I guess I just figured with the build time, I might just as well put an order in...

So I conversed with Gary about it a bit and he mentioned that he has a client who requested an 11" tom. Since he was making the form for it he offered to make that size for me as well if I wanted it. As you know, his prices are very reasonable, so I decided to give that a shot. If I don't happen to care for it, I can always order a more regular sized drum. The size limits me to Remo Ambassador coated or clear, but that's what I've been using anyway. I felt like the 11" may be the perfect compliment to the 13". I also ordered a 14" floor tom, and a Birdseye maple snare. Again, I'm happy with the mahogany, but there is a wait... and I actually don't own a maple snare.

Gary sent me some sound clips of the snare, so I felt pretty safe about it.
Not sure why, but I felt strange/guilty ordering more drums so soon. The kit lacks nothing as it is. I guess I just figured with the build time, I might just as well put an order in...

So I conversed with Gary about it a bit and he mentioned that he has a client who requested an 11" tom. Since he was making the form for it he offered to make that size for me as well if I wanted it. As you know, his prices are very reasonable, so I decided to give that a shot. If I don't happen to care for it, I can always order a more regular sized drum. The size limits me to Remo Ambassador coated or clear, but that's what I've been using anyway. I felt like the 11" may be the perfect compliment to the 13". I also ordered a 14" floor tom, and a Birdseye maple snare. Again, I'm happy with the mahogany, but there is a wait... and I actually don't own a maple snare.
Yeah he mentioned the 11" project to me too but that seemed a bit too weird for me. Limited head choices etc. Might be a cool drum though! What kind of time frame did he give you on the addons? BTW, guilt is for catholics! :ROFLMAO:

Upgraded the spring tensioner on my trusty Yamaha FP7010 with a Gibraltar part today. As you can see from the photo, the Gibraltar part is much more robust than the OEM part. A package of two cost just a little over twelve dollars Canadian.

Upon swapping out the assemblies, I settled on a lower tension than before which seems to have improved the feel of the pedal, allowing for slightly quicker doubles. I'm a happy camper!

Gibraltar.jpg

There's no turning back at this point. We really need to fashion an elaborate drum-scent vocabulary and codify it within a formal system of aromatic analysis. With ambitious vision, we might even be able to extrapolate our framework to a compelling brand of drum-related ice cream: Walnut Whisper, Mahogany Mountain, Maple Massacre, and Birch Bombardment, to name just a few flavors. There's money to be had, Mr. Strange. I'll start applying for trademarks and patents. In the meantime, keep sniffing!
Not only the woods but the construction as well. Can we add some Steam-Bent Stank to your Maple Massacre?

Didn’t take long for this to get ssilly…

Upgraded the spring tensioner on my trusty Yamaha FP7010 with a Gibraltar part today. As you can see from the photo, the Gibraltar part is much more robust than the OEM part. A package of two cost just a little over twelve dollars Canadian.

Upon swapping out the assemblies, I settled on a lower tension than before which seems to have improved the feel of the pedal, allowing for slightly quicker doubles. I'm a happy camper!

View attachment 107276
I'm at old chicago right now with friends F'd up!. I'm looking at these objects and I'm sure!..i need the bottom one. I love upgrade drum things. Thanks for these photos.

I'm at old chicago right now with friends F'd up!. I'm looking at these objects and I'm sure!..i need the bottom one. I love upgrade drum things. Thanks for these photos.
You bet. They're a nice upgrade, and cheap. Credit to Bo Eder for pointing them out in the first place.

2007 Iron Cobra rolling glide in new condition. It doesn't look like it's ever been used. My son got it with a rare Starclassic Performer kit (that's like brand new also) and sold it to me, at a good price ofcourse. I bought my curent IC in 91 so this will make me feel more secure about pedal failure at gigs.
20210815_185715.jpg

Well guys, I bought a 1980s Imperialstar Mastercraft snare, and sent Cade Capp a slightly ludicrous amount of money. Yes, the two are related.

It'll be here in 2.5-3 months. Let the anticipation begin!

Last edited:
Recently purchased an EV RE20 for use as a bass drum mic. All the designated “kick” mics are fine and get the job done adequately in most situations… just wanted something with a flatter response at the source. It’s been nice being able to better fine tune the bass drum sound to meet the needs of the venue/situation. A bit more work up front, but worth it in the final product.

There's no turning back at this point. We really need to fashion an elaborate drum-scent vocabulary and codify it within a formal system of aromatic analysis. With ambitious vision, we might even be able to extrapolate our framework to a compelling brand of drum-related ice cream: Walnut Whisper, Mahogany Mountain, Maple Massacre, and Birch Bombardment, to name just a few flavors. There's money to be had, Mr. Strange. I'll start applying for trademarks and patents. In the meantime, keep sniffing!
My N&C Sassafras snare literally smells like Root Beer . The fact that it may be my favourite N&C snare ever is just the icing on the cake .CBB2AB2F-1298-4471-9374-8FA85AFEA670.jpegEF28269C-C66D-4D7D-BF1A-AEF96F081A89.jpegBA8DF797-EAAB-4EC6-8BAF-4C305221E158.jpeg

Last edited:
Back