What's your latest purchase?

...I still use a minidisc recorder for stuff. ?

A minidisc recorder, I remember a little about these cool devices. (; I would still buy one today.

stznD26.png

Have you ever taken drum gear home to rescue it, like you would a stray cat or dog? I drove by a music store and felt like something was calling me, and found this blackened old hi-hat stand for $19 (was worth probably less...). I spent almost 6 hours polishing it. It's simple, but works, and I think it's happy now.
beforeafter.jpg

What mic were you using before?
For home use, & some gigs, I use the EV PL35 - on toms too (PL33 on floor tom) - they punch well above their modest price point, & they're bombproof. Having now tested the Beyer M201, it definitely has the edge as a snare mic.

I've never really spent much on drum mic's, as they're provided on most of my gigs, & obviously studio too. I do like to run my own quality bass drum mic though (Heil PR48). For home & occasional gigs, I use a pair of Rode NT3s for overheads. Again, nothing special, but dependable stuff.

Just arrived...the 5.5x13 D.W. wrinkled aluminum 3mm snaredrum from Sweetwater. I was busy as he-- last night. I was boiling some pasta quick..grabbed an ipa out of the fridge and got the drum out..put it between my legs sitting on the couch and with fingers only did my little review. Send it back? NOT this! one..this is an in the boat keeper. Plenty of body..good range..nice adjustments. This is the drum I'll take over the world with.

Wuhan 20" china. Sounds like a gong! I love it so far. I'll be adding some gaff tape though.

And I wanted to try some shaker bead/seed type thing. So I grabbed this up.

Totally an impulse buy in an attempt to improve my mood in my current condition, justified by that and the fact that it's unlike my other snare drums, and the price was right.
13x7 ddrum snare, birch with ash outer veneer.
I think I like it, but, hopefully, I'll be able to tell for sure soon.

Here's a stock pic of one not unlike it. :)
I'll get a pic up asap.
IMG_8041_89c9c792-d75e-422a-be25-6d4a3fe5d9d1_110x110@2x.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up this Ludwig 110th Anniversary Classic Maple kit for a great price from a Canadian dealer with free shipping . I have had my eye out for one of these sets for awhile now . The wrap is Ludwig’s reintroduction of a wrap they used for only two years in the 1920’s . I think it looks great with the brass hardware . I love the single flange hoops on the toms and the gull wing throwback Spurs .

Attachments

• CD89A667-609C-41B7-AD6B-478CBAF65CB9.jpeg
    CD89A667-609C-41B7-AD6B-478CBAF65CB9.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 21
Just ordered a Pearl Eliminator Redline pedal again. Arrives Wednesday.

Right now I’m playing two direct drives, the trick Pro1v Big Foot and the Tama Dynasync

But i played a chain pedal at guitar center for the first time in a while and the eliminator was always my favorite.

Gonna sell the Dynasync I think

Picked up this Ludwig 110th Anniversary Classic Maple kit for a great price from a Canadian dealer with free shipping . I have had my eye out for one of these sets for awhile now . The wrap is Ludwig’s reintroduction of a wrap they used for only two years in the 1920’s . I think it looks great with the brass hardware . I love the single flange hoops on the toms and the gull wing throwback Spurs .

That is such a DA** good look kit man - nice one.

Back