What's your latest purchase?

Very nice looking cymbal my friend. Nice. :cool:

I recently picked up a new Ludwig Speed King bass drum pedal. Sweetwater gave me $20 off. And, I bought a Slingerland Tempo King, very used from the 70s. Got the Slingy for less than 2 20s. Had it shipped to Vitalizer Drums to be cleaned and restored. Maybe even modified to a direct drive if Vincent can do that.
Nice work mate!:D(y)

This cymbal has to be heard in person to truly appreciate it...I’m not surprised Stewart took it round the world with him! Absolutely over the moon...or walking on it!:)(y)

I've only heard it in a few online recordings. The stick definition is phenomenal, very clean without being harsh. It's Copeland's sound for sure.

Here’s a demo of the paperthin, still unbelievable how low pitched a cymbal like this can be!

I think I heard somewhere that Stewart Copeland actually donates his hair as DNA into each batch of cymbal sheets.
That's right, Stewart collects and sends his cut hair to the company that makes Paiste's B8 sheets for inclusion in the sheets that are for Blue Bell Ride Cymbal ONLY! How about that! They put it in when the metal is molten!
So you got Copeland's DNA in that thing.
I bet you didn't know that

I just pulled the trigger on my first cymbal purchase in a very very long time, a set of Amedia Ahmet Legend crashes - 17", 18", & 19".

My current cymbal collection covers a lot of ground, so absolutely not a necessary purchase, but they'll provide a specific voice I've been eyeing for some time. I'll put something up once I receive them.

View attachment 100782
excellent choice! :D

same! alex is a gem! :)
Alex & I go back a long way. We met when we both had an artist deal with the previous management of Amedia UK. Alex ended up taking over the company, & I've remained associated ever since. I've never had to look beyond Amedia for any sonic requirements. I use the same setup 90% of the time, but I have another 3 complete sets plus a fair few "specials".

Alex & I go back a long way. We met when we both had an artist deal with the previous management of Amedia UK. Alex ended up taking over the company, & I've remained associated ever since. I've never had to look beyond Amedia for any sonic requirements. I use the same setup 90% of the time, but I have another 3 complete sets plus a fair few "specials".
alex is the one who fully got me into amedia cymbals, he let me loan some of his to try them, and i fell in love with them, sold all my sabians to get mine! thats clocking on......ooo.....11/12 years now i think? loved being part of the amedia family :D

Picked these up, 17” & 19” Dark Energy Crashes and a Used Pair of 12” Copeland Rhythmatist Hats. Hoping the Blue Bell and 21” DE Mark 1 Rides arrive soon.

Attachments

• AE514F47-E5AB-4F91-80B8-C6D0DD245F96.jpeg
    AE514F47-E5AB-4F91-80B8-C6D0DD245F96.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 8
  • E6D2B816-3304-4D9B-BC9B-7BBBC7D30612.jpeg
    E6D2B816-3304-4D9B-BC9B-7BBBC7D30612.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I wish I could agree - tried several times to contact Alex wanting to buy his cymbals - :( I 've just bought Zildjian K-sweets.
did you use the website contact form or the FB page? as thats odd he would be unreachable :/

I wish I could agree - tried several times to contact Alex wanting to buy his cymbals - :( I 've just bought Zildjian K-sweets.

Well, Andy did say "Non better". I wouldn't exactly consider that a glowing review.

Back