What's your latest purchase?

Yea man, sure fun to browse around their updated website, but I think the Dark Energy's and the 602's are more my style though
Cheers, I’ll check those out... I’m a big fan of the signature range and am looking to refresh my cymbal collection generally (not ruling out other brands either)... (y) :)

Not a drum purchase, but I finally got my Euphonic Audio bass guitar rig: NL-112 cabinet and Doubler Mark II amp.
Time to wake up the neighbors.

View attachment 99978

I have been so happy with my current bass rig that I have been "out of the market"...this looks sweet!!! will have to check them out

I have been so happy with my current bass rig that I have been "out of the market"...this looks sweet!!! will have to check them out

I've got to give credit to Leland Sklar and Mark Gollihur (Gollihur Music) for helping me wade through totally new waters as a first time bassist.
They are an invaluable source of information.

Fixing to start cleaning up the Rogers kit.

Remo CSx batter (for another snare that I will swap the head - has coated Ambassador), and Ambassador hazy snare side for snare.
13” and 16” Ambassador vintage coated for tom batters.View attachment 99979
View attachment 99981
The resos are in great shape and later I may go with diplomats.
I just want to see how this sounds first.

Let me know what you think of the Vintage Coated Ambassadors. I wouldn't mind trying one on my snare. They're double-ply but only .5-mil thicker than standard Ambassadors. I'm guessing that the Vintage version, owing to its extra ply, has a slightly more controlled sound.

Well, for one, I traded a pair of 13" first-run A Custom Hihats that I always thought were a little too thin for a pair of A Mastersounds. I've been bingeing Police concert bootlegs for the last two weeks and the Mastersounds do the Stewart Copeland thing better than the A Customs did. Still, it would be nice to find some blue label 602 Heavy hats...

And my roommate is moving out at the end of this month, and is taking his PA speakers with him, which I never really loved the sound of. So I get to build myself the best possible PA system for 500 bucks. I've ordered a Crown Microtech 2400 and 160 bucks' worth of cabling, and my buddy has some speakers with blown tweeters that he's giving to me, which I'll fix. Apparently the Microtech has a loud fan, so I'm going to put it in another room and run the speaker cables through the ceiling.

Let me know what you think of the Vintage Coated Ambassadors. I wouldn't mind trying one on my snare. They're double-ply but only .5-mil thicker than standard Ambassadors. I'm guessing that the Vintage version, owing to its extra ply, has a slightly more controlled sound.
You got it!

I've got to give credit to Leland Sklar and Mark Gollihur (Gollihur Music) for helping me wade through totally new waters as a first time bassist.
They are an invaluable source of information.

Sklar is a god...a living legend. Do you subscribe to his Youtube channel?

non-drum related purchase for me :) this books i hard to find in 1st edition and hardback in good condition as not that many were published, found it for a great price so im going to add it to my collection :)

numanbook.jpg

I got this!

Mine sounds remarkably similar. My 34" gong rings to a fairly accurate "E" note.

I gotta say, I was very happy with my Gongs Unlimited purchase. Pretty fast shipping. It came with an OK mallet, (I wrapped it with a washcloth and it sounds more pleasing) the hanging rope, and the gong holes were champhered to make a nice smooth bearing edge for the hanging rope. The gope lol.
743 to my door. Now I'm waiting on some friction mallets. I am really digging this

Last edited:
Here are the two cymbals I got last week: AAX 17" and 18" Studio Crashes. Also, here is some hardware I got today.

100_0520.JPG

100_0521.JPG

Peace and goodwill.

How do you like it, I like a lot the color because it's very close to my kit, so, I found a Paiste 900 Blue splash 12" but it's way too gongy and removed it From the kit. They even had bigger ones at my stores, classic 900 crash and same feeling, no close to any of my other cymbals but I don't desesperate to find the one in blue I could like...or in purple that we could put in the kit just for Purple Rain!!!

Last edited:
I got this!

That's great!!!

I vote for you to sample your gong and every time you post on the forum DW members hear your gong on their devices . . . day or night.

Or bring back your own version of the Gong Show.

It's the small things that count! Gibraltar Rubber Cymbal Seat. They seem excessive for $7 each, but I've been struggling to get the L80s to have sustain, so figured I'd give them a shot.
1610752363531.png
It replaces the factory sleeve and felt, so you remove one and insert this in place of it. Didn't have a ton of hope, but wow, what a difference. Ever since I got the L80s, the 16" crash has dropped out too fast and the bell on the 20" ride would give a thunk sound if hit too high on the bell. The 16" had no bell sound. This little gadget took care of both. Bell rings with nice sustain and the 16" found its voice. I was using soft Gibraltar felts prior.

The plus, if you don't use top felts you can use the upper rubber piece and slip it right onto the factory sleeve instead of the felt washer and voila, two for one! I don't know how well they will impact thicker cymbals, but for thinner and L80s, I'd say they are a must at the point. Ordering more. BTW, also got the rubber HH sleeves and those have similar results. (y)

Got this mint condition 14 x 6” Noble and Cooley Horizon series snare drum in trade . It is a fantastic snare drum - maple shell with an inner ply of African Mahogany . The drum is warm and articulate with a huge tuning range .

Attachments

• C616A096-4FEE-4101-A2A1-4BEB1932F4A8.jpeg
    C616A096-4FEE-4101-A2A1-4BEB1932F4A8.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 9
  • B5981A55-6E13-4B53-B6F8-042F40100279.jpeg
    B5981A55-6E13-4B53-B6F8-042F40100279.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 9
Back