What's your latest purchase?

Picked up a tambourine for the hi hat and wood block with a mount I already had to add some spice to the kit ? F137E337-7933-4154-B583-0EBACD50931E.jpeg

That cymbal, on your left above the first tom...Is it as close to the tom as it looks?
That depends on how close it looks...But it’s as close as possible without being necessarily dangerous. Haha. Cheap 10” splash, just something else to hit occasionally.
why do you ask?

That depends on how close it looks...But it’s as close as possible without being necessarily dangerous. Haha. Cheap 10” splash, just something else to hit occasionally.
why do you ask?
Just, from the first two pics it looked like it was right above the top...like when you hit it, it would hit the rim of the tom...then I looked at the other angle.

Just, from the first two pics it looked like it was right above the top...like when you hit it, it would hit the rim of the tom...then I looked at the other angle.
?

Already (kinda) figured out how I could hang some wood blocks (or something) underneath the existing roto tom rack.

Need to look into tone woods or something...what would sound best, then maybe "tuning".
Yeah, a chunk of pine 2x4 isn’t going to sound as bright as some of the denser woods. It would be fun to experiment with different woods to see what kind of sounds they produce. Maybe you could build a set of several different blocks.

Yeah, a chunk of pine 2x4 isn’t going to sound as bright as some of the denser woods. It would be fun to experiment with different woods to see what kind of sounds they produce. Maybe you could build a set of several different blocks.
I have all the tools... just not up on the "tonal" know how.
It could be a fun and inexpensive project.

I have all the tools... just not up on the "tonal" know how.
It could be a fun and inexpensive project.
From a quick look online, it appears that oak is the go-to although I haven't really researched it. And Teak.

1606154644480.png

Last edited:
Still have my Ludwig wood blocks along with Musser orchestra bells and chimes which were used heavily in a previous band playing Rush covers. Haven't used them in decades though. I have a single Pearl small wood block I currently use. Those from GC look nice.

Back