What's your latest purchase?

Went to the Music Store and this 14”x7” Copper Starphonic with Remo coated PS4 and 42 Strand snare wires, followed me home. Has that AVH ‘Jump’ Brown Sound, but a tad ‘warmer’.

Attachments

• 2B7BAB3D-814C-4FF0-B7CE-573AC47AD6D6.jpeg
    2B7BAB3D-814C-4FF0-B7CE-573AC47AD6D6.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Just arrived this morning - dead mint condition 22” Paiste Traditional Light ride . If it is good enough for Steve Jordan ......
A superb cymbal , I can see what Steve Jordan loves about this cymbal .

Attachments

• 37060475-AAF2-4FD2-95C9-5F14C8EF644B.jpeg
    37060475-AAF2-4FD2-95C9-5F14C8EF644B.jpeg
    782.3 KB · Views: 6
OK. Just got my PDP PDDP502 Double Bass pedal, because I wanted to try using one...Never have.
I have a (single) impact patch on the Powerstroke Pro head. I got a double patch, but am not sure how I should remove the single without damaging the head.
Any suggestions?

OK. Just got my PDP PDDP502 Double Bass pedal, because I wanted to try using one...Never have.
I have a (single) impact patch on the Powerstroke Pro head. I got a double patch, but am not sure how I should remove the single without damaging the head.
Any suggestions?
Put the double over top of the single, or if the single is still good where it is, cut the double in half and use half under the new pedal.

I got way way out of hand this past week.

but I’ll start with this new Ludwig Speed Flyer

can’t wait to play it tomorrow.
I currently use a tama dyna sync and have a trick big foot, but I wanted to add a good chain drive pedal back to the Arsenal

It’s been an expensive week.

I had a big unexpected check come in from when my grandma died. It has been 6 years but the family finally sorted the Will.

my grandma supported me playing drums as a kid more than any other person and made room in her car for my kit to come to Florida with me where I spent the summer with her.

any way. Lol the money she wanted me to have was spent (not all of it) on something she knows I love.

This week I bought the following.
Alesis Strike Pro: I bought the demo kit on sweetwater, new baby on the way so I need way to play quietly.

sonor SQ1 ki

earthworks DM20 Tom mics x3

earthworks DK3 kit

used meinl vintage pure light ride

meinl extra dry China

Ludwig speed flyer

tama dyna sync hi hat stand

sonor Benny greb snare 2.0

custom Bronze 5mm thick snare shell with bronze hoops

custom brass tube style lugs from all star drums

brass tension rods

trick gold plated strainer

new heads for sonor kit

It’s been an expensive week.

I had a big unexpected check come in from when my grandma died. It has been 6 years but the family finally sorted the Will.

my grandma supported me playing drums as a kid more than any other person and made room in her car for my kit to come to Florida with me where I spent the summer with her.

any way. Lol the money she wanted me to have was spent (not all of it) on something she knows I love.

This week I bought the following.
Alesis Strike Pro: I bought the demo kit on sweetwater
Jam for Gram!

Jam for Gram!

Lol I hit the submit button too soon, a lot more added. My grandma was supportive but even she’d like say I got carried away

I want a mahogany kit. I've been looking and looking, and it's either $4k + or the Gretsch Catalina Club. I'd rather not spend more than $1500, but want a 100% mahogany shell, not mixed plys. Any suggestions?

I want a mahogany kit. I've been looking and looking, and it's either $4k + or the Gretsch Catalina Club. I'd rather not spend more than $1500, but want a 100% mahogany shell, not mixed plys. Any suggestions?

I’d get somebody to just make one. I bought a really nice walnut stave kit from a guy who makes stave and ply kits. Only issue might be finding the wood.

Back