What's your latest purchase?

I'd like to get your thoughts on this once you get some time using it. I've been interested in these since I saw a video about them.
Had a quick play with it yesterday. Absolutely brilliant :) Exactly what I have wanted for a long time :)

I got a Sabian AA 16" Concept Crash from Sweetwater for $99. It goes well with my old AA 17" Medium-Thin Crash. Peace and goodwill.

I got myself a bass too...

8D071F6C-3D48-4FBA-B1BA-8BD271DBAB29.jpeg

...a 2016 Rickenbacker 4003 in walnut. Satin finish is buttery smooth. I’ve always loved Ricks, and I’m using the Rush tribute thing as an excuse. The way I see it, if our guitarist can use Cygnus X-2 as an excuse to get a real Gibson EDS-1275 doubleneck, I can use the same excuse to get a Ric for our bassist to play. And, you guys, this thing rips. Nails that sound with Ric-O-Sound, Cameron’s Sansamp, and my Bassman/fridge setup.

...and about $400 in computer parts and cables, including a new GPU for my iMac. We’re setting up some video streaming in the studio. More to come on that.

H6xnwkZ.jpg

BwNz6Ow.jpg

An old Pearl Export Series set in rough shape..just 100 bucks and I am gonna fix it up.

My main question is if it pops open when the hats are played hard. One of the issues with a drop lock clutch is they pop open if played too hard when set to have a very small opening.

I'm curious about this too. I've had to adjust my "open" to more open than I normally prefer to prevent this from happening with my current drop clutch.

Slingerland 1959 red sparkle radio king Super Krupa clamshell. Picked it up for $225.00 Nickl?e hardware no bottom hoop. Alltogether this resto. has cost me $560.00 to get it this far. And I still have to get the bearing edges trued and maybe recut. So another $100.00 or more. But she will tune up and play. Sounds sweet
But just not right. No cracks seems are good wrap is beautiful. It is just costing me more than I'd like.
But it the crown jewel of my Singerland collection.

just bought this 20x14 single tension Ludwig bass drum on eBay earlier today. stumbled upon it and thought the price was really good. I've always loved the duco finish and this one especially is pretty awesome. needs a bit of work, but excited to get this cleaned up when it arrives!

turns out it's actually a 20x12 Ludwig Hobby bass drum (1964 based on the badge). the duco is in much worse shape than the pictures/listing led on, but overall I'm glad I bought it. shell is round, edges are perfect, and it's super clean inside. I sprayed several coats of clear on it to hopefully preserve the finish. I was basically able to blow off the paint. just waiting on a batter side head to finish it off.

IMG_8468.jpgIMG_8469.jpgIMG_8470.jpg

My first solid "1-ply" snare. Very open, lotsa sustain, at first blush it sounds good at low & high tunings. I put an Evans Genera batter head on it for today’s July 4 party gig (I’ll let y’all know if Covid pops up on my radar) and it has a very nice, dry, woody pop. Hopefully it’ll sit well in the mix.

9E178886-640F-4127-B45E-F5A6EDF9402A.jpeg

My first solid "1-ply" snare. Very open, lotsa sustain, at first blush it sounds good at low & high tunings. I put an Evans Genera batter head on it for today’s July 4 party gig (I’ll let y’all know if Covid pops up on my radar) and it has a very nice, dry, woody pop. Hopefully it’ll sit well in the mix.

View attachment 93878

Oh my... that's utterly stunning!!!

View attachment 93878

Great choice for your first steambent snare . Tama Star snares are fantastic .

My main question is if it pops open when the hats are played hard. One of the issues with a drop lock clutch is they pop open if played too hard when set to have a very small opening.

Nothing as yet :) Very stable.

I picked up this sweet new Gretsch Renown kit a couple of weeks ago. I've talked about it extensively elsewhere so I won't go into details but here it is for posterity:

20200629_192619.jpg

I have a bunch of new Zildjian K Sweet cymbals on the way as well. I'm especially looking forward to the 16" hi-hats. They should be here any day.

Back