What's your latest purchase?

A 4-piece Tama maple kit. Sounds terrific. I fouled up the port hole cutting. Repair job in the offing.

. View attachment 93717View attachment 93718
Those fake vintage reso heads are a biotch to port. I messed mine up a little bit too. That is a killer set you got there! :oops: (y) I love Tama Star kits.

Back to the main subject. I bought a Gibraltar 6709NL cymbal stand. NL stands for No Legs. Also picked up a DW 3000 series throne for the Saturn V Exotic kit.

Those fake vintage reso heads are a biotch to port. I messed mine up a little bit too. That is a killer set you got there! :oops: (y) I love Tama Star kits.

Back to the main subject. I bought a Gibraltar 6709NL cymbal stand. NL stands for No Legs. Also picked up a DW 3000 series throne for the Saturn V Exotic kit.

How does that work? Do you attach it to a rack or another stand?

For my Pearl Session Select - You bet your bibby I got a round of cs dots for the top and ambassadors for the bottom - for toms ranged 8”-16”.
84213C97-57CC-4EB5-83A1-7796DE269931.jpegE6CC3831-0CCA-48FF-B092-FAD2543ADE6D.jpeg
Also in the pile are a PS3 for 22” bass and controlled sound x for snare batter.
I can’t wait.

Last edited:
A pic of this kit ???
Hi Houndog, I have a couple of pages back (around page 174 or so) on this thread, started to stage the arrival.
My kit is a Pearl Session Select in finish #316 Black Halo Glitter a beautiful lacquer (have I mentioned that?) sizes 10” 12” 14” ft 16” ft 22” bd, from ebay and Reverb, I also managed to get a matching 8” 13” and 6.5”x14” matching snare which pics are here - this finish is no longer available retail so it comes from Pearl factory.
I ordered through GC in early May and have to wait until late summer/fall as I’ve been told. Whilst that is on the way you can see my trail of acquisitions.
I also upgraded to Pearl Pro gyro lock hardware, again you can see on this thread few pages ago.
I no doubt will have pics when available there’s going to be some more additions as well - stay tuned.

Last edited:
Dingwall D-Roc Standard Bass. It's a long story that involves an incredibly wonderful and supportive wife, our wedding anniversary, Geddy Lee's Book of Bass and more than a few dozen Leland Sklar Youtube videos.

DingwallD-ROCLoRes.jpg

I have yet to play a bad Dingwall, and I've played a few.
Nice. :)

Dingwall D-Roc Standard Bass. It's a long story that involves an incredibly wonderful and supportive wife, our wedding anniversary, Geddy Lee's Book of Bass and more than a few dozen Leland Sklar Youtube videos.

View attachment 93772

About as close to Mardi Gras as I will probably get. A week or two ago, through GC, I purchased a Pearl Session Studio Select birch/mahogany shell pack in Black Halo Glitter, which are special orders. Was going for white Marine pearl but when I found out this was a lacquer finish, I opted for this one. They gave me July as far as when it comes in, sizes are 22bd 10t 12t 14ft 16ft.
While I am waiting on my shell pack, I managed to get these from reverb, 7x8 and 9x13 rack toms.
Beautiful on the outside and bonus, I love the look of the mahogany interiors just as well. I can’t wait to put CS dots on these.
View attachment 92519View attachment 92520View attachment 92521View attachment 92580View attachment 92581View attachment 92582
Awesome, I have a Mardis Gra tom !!!

Attachments

• 60492EE6-44E7-4581-A645-0310279957A8.jpeg
    60492EE6-44E7-4581-A645-0310279957A8.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 11
I think it lets you use the drop, but you can have the "dropped" hats remain open by a distance you can set, rather than just drop to closed.
...I think.

whats so speicla about this clutch? it looks fancy

Awesome, I have a Mardis Gra tom !!!
You dirty dog!
You need a floor and kick then your squared away!

My soul may continue to haunt the cornerstones of earth and time if I never buy an Eagle badge or at least script era Mardi Gras kit.

Last edited:
Back