What's your latest purchase?

So I missed out on the last Yamaha Recording Custom 18" floor tom in Antique Sunburst from the Japanese factory by a day-and-half when I ordered my RC kit in 2012. Eight years of patient searching just paid off. I finally acquired a pristine 18" floor tom and put on new Aquarian heads top and bottom. It was only played twice and stored for years in a studio before I located it. Finding the Aquarian heads during the pandemic almost proved as difficult.

View attachment 92884

Is there any chance you could post a few pics of the entire kit please?

Bo, could you tell me how many kits you actually own now?

I'm quite intrigued.

I can just picture it........Kevin absolutely blasting some punk 8th notes on those babies at 180 bpm....... bloody hell.

Dude, if you ever tour to Australia....let me know.

And bring those damn hats with you!!!!

Or at least post a video of you playing them.

Oh yessssssss mate :) Looking forward to using them. Toured Oz in 1998 & I think that was the only time we have been there. There was talk of coming back over at some point :)

I found a couple things on DrummingDeals.com

Bought a 14" Zildjian FX stack for a bill. And I bought the Wuhan linear rock bell cymbal.

Besides the Yamaha Power V Special kit, I also just got a Yamaha Tour Custom maple snare and 14" Zildjian Quick Beat hats.

I think I'm done buying things for now. ;)

Last edited:
Well, things move in and out all the time. Let’s just say I can say I have experience with every major brand now. I’m not one of those guys that keeps a warehouse stocked with drums and cymbals.

Which of your current kits have you owned the longest?
I am assuming it's Pearl.

160429865890.jpgbehringer-umc-1820-interface-07630949.jpeg

latest purchases, again not drum related (well, one almost is).

behringer u-phoria 1820 USB interface, perfect for when im finally in a position to record drum covers again!

and a limited edition 1978 pressing of kraftwerks 'neon lights' 3 track EP, what i didnt realise was the vinyl is luminous vinyl! <3

Last edited:
Back