What's your latest purchase?

Indeed. Day one with the drum on Friday and the drum sounded and felt better as I dropped the pitch of the batter AND reso heads. Drum seemed a bit choked when played at what I’d call medium high, my usual preference for most drums.

I have a stave walnut 6.5 that sounds best at medium low. I think the stave drums have a naturally low fundamental that usually needs to be allowed to sing with a lower tuning. Especially warmer-sounding woods. And especially deeper drums

In the last 30 days or so I've picked up 4 new (to me) cymbals and three new stands (and a clamp boom arm.)

They are- 60s Zildjian 22" ride, Zildjian A Custom 10" splash, Sabian XSR 16" crash, and a Zildjian ZHT 18" China.

Fun stuff. :)

Last edited:
Sabian quiet tone practice pad.

Not bad for what it is. It helps reduce volume when placed on a snare drum. or works as a not very bouncy practice pad when placed on a stand.

2020 has been out of control for me:
Ludwig Classic Oak 4 piece
Paiste Dark Energy Mark II 21” Ride
Paiste Dark energy 17” crash
AKG bass drum mic
Tascam 16x08 mixer
2x SM57’s
19” Istanbul agop Xist crash
19” Istanbul agop Xist trash
10” Paiste dark energy splash
Trick V1 Pro Big Foot double pedal
DW collectors Series maple Snare
Jam block
DW 9000 EXtended footboard hi hat stand
DW 9000 Air Lift double Tom stand
Logic Pro X
A bunch of stuff from tackle instruments
Cympads
Internal bass drum mic stand
Ludwig decals for my Coated White EQ3 Reso
Evans G12 Tom heads coated
Sabian snare wires (2 varieties)
22” Paiste Modern essentials Ride

and most of it, is within the past month.

2019 was the year of the Ludwig Snare Drum for me as I purchased a Supraphonic, black beauty, raw brass phonic, copper phonic and 110th anniversary exotic avodire maple snare

I grew up Poor and played crap crap gear. And I’m 35 now, with a daughter and wife and a house. I always said when I could afford it, I was going to buy and build my dream kit. I’m happy say there is nothing else I really want.

except a sonor Danny Carey snare which seeks impossible to snag anymore and a Danny Carey signature Ride.

So I added an 18” floor tom to my Sonor ProLite kit. My little 14x16” floor wanted a big brother (16x18”). As these are thin shells to begin with, the fundamental note is already low. This monster is thunderous. Using an EC2 batter and one Drumtac to control overtones. G2 batter with one Drumtac on the small one.D17257DE-C4C8-408F-9D12-F13945A51B7B.jpeg

Last week I bought a used Pearl Sensitone Steel snare. The shell is in perfect condition. No scratches or dents. Nice and shiny. The bottom rim is also in excellent condition. I did notice some scratches on the top of the batter side rim but nothing that was all that bad from a structural standpoint. Then looking at the drum in a different light I did notice what I can best describe as a dent in the batter side rim. But again, it's not all that big because I didn't notice it for a couple of days. The scratches and the dent don't impact the playability. Frankly, I love the sound. And best of all, I got it for $50. I haven't bought any drum equipment besides heads or sticks in a very long time. So I'm really enjoying this thing.

How in the hades did you pull that acquistion off???? I've been looking for a 14x14 in Choc Burl and i get nada. Blue Sparkle is discontinued is it not? Happy for you!! :cool:

Sonor Sam (samiamstudios) somehow got his hands on new Sonor ProLite blue sparkle 14”, 18” and 10” toms. Some guy on another site tipped me to it and picked up the 14”. Keep checking Sam’s site. He gets his hands on Sonor add-ons that no one else seems to get.

Back