What's your latest purchase?

Man, Kevin, you manage to find some of the prettiest kits on the market. Where in the world do you keep them all?

GeeDeeEmm
I keep selling them :ROFLMAO: Drives my poor wife mad..............

Limited edition (100 made) Tama Simon Phillips signature snare to commemorate his 40th year with them. The tone is pleasant enough but despite the flanged hoops, the drum is very controlled with few overtones. Perhaps the three air vents negate the hoop type which should open up the drum. Not meant for loud volume situations. Simon is my favorite drummer so this was purchased more as a collectible.

Attachments

• 680A4AD8-64B0-4794-A2CE-B4A600715296.jpeg
    680A4AD8-64B0-4794-A2CE-B4A600715296.jpeg
    452.5 KB · Views: 5
View attachment 89792View attachment 89793

latest investment was these, some lewitt DTP340TT tom/snare mics, and a lewitt DTP340 rex bass drum mic, gotta say out of all the microphone brands ive used in the last 20+ years, these are by far the best i've used!

are they all internal? and it looks like they do not mount permanently right?

Love that finish!
Me too. Thanks!

The red is pretty bright in that photo but as soon as the lights go down the kit turns a nice black cherry colour. Should look good under stage lights which is precisely what the kit was chosen for.

Thanks again!

A late 1970's Paiste 22" Dark China somewhere between NOS and gently used, a bit of wavy edge but nothing major.
She's mysteriously dark when brushed gently while having the potential to be a deafening monster. Waited years to get this model at the right price.
Dark China-1.jpg

Last edited:
f-ing A dude!!!! that is tuff
Thanks man!

We've all heard a thousand time how good the Stage Customs sound. I'm happy to say that it's all true - they really do sound great. I'm using clear Pinstripes over clear Ambassadors on the toms.

The matching snare drum is probably the biggest surprise. Tuned medium-high, it sounds really good. I'm usually a metal snare kind of guy but this wood snare has made a believer out of me.

A late 1970's Paiste 22" Dark China somewhere between NOS and gently used, a bit of wavy edge but nothing major.
Waited for years to get this model at the right price. She's a mysteriously dark cymbal when brushed quietly that can be a deafening monster too.
View attachment 89795

Beautiful!

That's my experience with Paiste too; they can be incredibly loud without losing their composure.

Super nice (y)

are they all internal? and it looks like they do not mount permanently right?

can be internal or external, depends on how you want to mount them, though i'd reccomend mounting the tom/snare mics externally on the provided mic clips purely due to the size of the mic holders themselves. the bass drum mic can be internally mounted on a shu like ive done, or externally on a mic stand, its down to you and what you want to do :)

Been busy combing FB Marketplace and Craigslist in the last 2 months. Scored all of this for a total of $630

DW 3mm Cast Bell Brass Snare, Gold hardware, 3 position butt plate (5.5x14)
Roc-n-Soc Throne seat
DW Black Nickle over Brass Snare, Satin hardware (5x14)
DW 9303 Snare Stand
Zildjian 20" A Custom China

Bell Brass.jpgRoc.jpgDW BNOB.jpgrsz_china.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday I bought a Sabian SR2 15" Thin Crash. It blends well with what I already had. Peace and goodwill.

Starclassic Maple. I couldn't get any good pics, my room is too dark, but here's a music store photo.
I laughed out loud when I heard the bass drum. Just incredible.

starclassic1.jpg

Last edited:
How about a thread to celebrate and marvel at our newest purchases? I know I'll enjoy seeing yours.

Here's mine:

A mixed box of toys. Evans g2 over g1 coated for my yamaha kit, tight screws and trick quick release cymbal toppers.

A quick release hi hat drop clutch, some rods, some brushes, emperors for my saturn kit, and a 20" emad which could go on either of my 20'' kicks. Also a dw cowbell mount.

I'm so happy.

You must post pictures wherever possible.

Non drum related things are encouraged.
I’ll bite...22” Evans clear EMAD, and 8,10, 12 and 16” Evans G2 costed heads ?

Back