What's your latest purchase?

I had a 20” K heavy ride for sale. A guy asked if I would trade it for his Pearl Limited Edition 14x8 snare. I countered with trading my ddrum AMX snare, straight up. He went for it. 88065

I buy drums as pieces of art.
I like my gretsch for the beautiful wood they use.
Lately bought 4 or 5 Tama superstar kits.
Like the die cast hoops and the sound they produce.
I've spent about $10,000 this year on drum kits..just to compare the different wood species and head combinations.
I hate the demos online..never sound as they do when you actually use the gear..need to demo everything myself.

5.5"x14" DW Stainless Steel Snare on the way!
Intended to be a gigging workhorse.

lgbfp5ggtwncmxpztnkl.jpg

This ended up not working out. Damaged in shipping. :(

Purchased these locally on 11/1. Premier Genista Maple 12/16/22 & 14x6 snare. Took them out over the weekend and had fun!

Attachments

• Premier 1.jpg
    Premier 1.jpg
    645.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Premier 4.jpg
    Premier 4.jpg
    500.3 KB · Views: 8
I also found this Supra last week. Sure it's pitted and there's some rust on the top hoop and lots of rim cheese and dark grey dust bunnies, however, most of the chrome is there, the throw off works great and there are no signs of it being dropped or dented. It also has original heads, top and bottom and, I was shocked to find the original snare wires, in perfect undamaged shape, still held on with the original strings. Given that this is an early 70's model, I thought it was cool to find a drum that was put together before I was born and has retained every single part that it left the factory with. I haven't done anything to clean it yet. Here's the latest find:

Attachments

• Used_LM400-1.jpg
    Used_LM400-1.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Used_LM400-2.jpg
    Used_LM400-2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Used_LM400-3.jpg
    Used_LM400-3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Used_LM400-4.jpg
    Used_LM400-4.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 4
As a gigger, my constant purchases are sticks (Vic Firth 5A, 7A, Steve Jordan and Dave Weckl), and floor tom bolts.

I also found this Supra last week. Sure it's pitted and there's some rust on the top hoop and lots of rim cheese and dark grey dust bunnies, however, most of the chrome is there, the throw off works great and there are no signs of it being dropped or dented. It also has original heads, top and bottom and, I was shocked to find the original snare wires, in perfect undamaged shape, still held on with the original strings. Given that this is an early 70's model, I thought it was cool to find a drum that was put together before I was born and has retained every single part that it left the factory with. I haven't done anything to clean it yet. Here's the latest find:
Lol! There's gotta be a better word than "rim cheese".

Lol! There's gotta be a better word than "rim cheese".

Right?! Cracks me up, too! It sounds so dirty, and it is, just not how you think, lol!

So, I did take it apart today. It was cheesed and there was even an old, dead, crustyLM400-2-1.jpgLM400-2-2.jpg spider but I was so wrong about it's condition! It is not pitted or rusted, AT ALL. I used Nevr-Dull and the shell and rims are all like new once again!! It truly is a time capsule find.

The best part...I won't mention where I found this because I don't want to embarrass anyone but, some kid put the wrong price on the tag. They must have thought it was a student model or it was too cheesed or something. I don't know, but I picked it up and kept it under my arm until it was time to check out. I don't even want to say how much I paid for this, so I'll give it to you in a riddle. I paid for this drum the same amount that Mary won for winning the wet t-shirt contest in Joe's Garage.

I don't even want to say how much I paid for this, so I'll give it to you in a riddle. I paid for this drum the same amount that Mary won for winning the wet t-shirt contest in Joe's Garage.
looks to me like something funny is going on around here...

looks to me like something funny is going on around here.
Right place at the right time...and I've just been around drums long enough to know more about most of the used products than the kids that take them in and price them at the big box stores. The look on the manager's face was priceless because he knew exactly what it was and what had happened when he flipped the tag over but I'm a frequent flyer up there, so we all just had a good laugh. They've made a mint off of me, so they had no problem letting that slide and they took it like champs. Great folks! We even caught the guy as he was coming back from lunch and had a chance to educate him.

Gonna try out a few pairs of the Vic Firth Freestyle. I've loved playing the X5A/X55A/X5Bs but these felt really great when I gave them a little go in the store. Time will tell.

Right place at the right time...and I've just been around drums long enough to know more about most of the used products than the kids that take them in and price them at the big box stores. The look on the manager's face was priceless because he knew exactly what it was and what had happened when he flipped the tag over but I'm a frequent flyer up there, so we all just had a good laugh. They've made a mint off of me, so they had no problem letting that slide and they took it like champs. Great folks! We even caught the guy as he was coming back from lunch and had a chance to educate him.
The correct reply was supposed to be:
"People laughing and dancing and paying entirely too much for their beer."

:(

Back