What's your latest purchase?

I finally figured this thing out. Here are 3 Paiste PST-7's. 16 & 17" thin crashes and a 20" medium ride. I am hoping to replace my Zildjian high hats soon with a pair of PST-7 heavy hats.
The PST 7s are great cymbals, especially the hats. they will serve you well. I recently purchased a 22" Paiste Masters Swish and a 22" Reflector Bell Ride.

I almost bought a set of these on clearance in 1994. How do you like the sound? Solid craftsmanship for sure.
I've not had chance to touch them as yet. I am kind of expecting them to sound a little like my Recording Custom's. I used to have an MLX & that kit was amazing :)

I still have my 1987 Coral Red 6 piece WLX (10, 12, 13, 16, with 6.5×14 steel shell snare). Birch with Philippine mahogany thin shells and original coffin lugs. Still enjoy them to this day. Good luck with your new purchase. What heads do you find work best with these?

I also have a WLX in Clear Matte Lacquer :) With the BLX, I am assuming that they will sound best with original spec Clear Pinstripes which is currently has on it :)

The WLX :)

9Y0A6453 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

Probably not a surprise to know that I've been searching for cymbals while on tour. Haven't found too many, but my latest purchase - 8" Zildjian splash and 14" Sabian AA Sound Control Crash - brings my cymbal count to 1,005.
:)

Bermuda

Probably not a surprise to know that I've been searching for cymbals while on tour. Haven't found too many, but my latest purchase - 8" Zildjian splash and 14" Sabian AA Sound Control Crash - brings my cymbal count to 1,005.
:)

Bermuda

Dude....what? I have like 6 cymbals. You probably literally own an actual TON of cymbals.

I answered a CL ad about electronic drums $50. When he sent me the pic it was a set of Roland drums. When I went to look at them it was a full ekit with a TD-6 module, all the pads, cymbals, cables, rack, throne, sticks, headphone, carrying bags and a music stand. Too much to pass up. So now I have a Roland EKit !

I also have a WLX in Clear Matte Lacquer :) With the BLX, I am assuming that they will sound best with original spec Clear Pinstripes which is currently has on it :)

The WLX :)

9Y0A6453 by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
Beautiful set, Kevin. Thanks for sharing. My WLX originally came with Pearl branded Taiwanese heads that were clear with a clear dot. They actually sounded great, but then I went to coated Ambassadors and later pinstripes. Right now looking to replace the clear G1 heads I'm using, and I'm thinking of going with clear G2's to kill some of the reflectivity of the thick sealant inside the shells. I just don't want too much focus on shells that are already focused by design (birch hybrid). Am I on the right track with this thinking?

I've not had chance to touch them as yet. I am kind of expecting them to sound a little like my Recording Custom's. I used to have an MLX & that kit was amazing :)
I suspect they will be brighter sounding than Recording Customs due to Pearl's thick polyurethane spray inside the shells of that era. No?

Finally got around to picking up a backup pedal. Added a strap conversion to a DW 5000.

DW5000WorkbenchLoRes.jpg.

I suspect they will be brighter sounding than Recording Customs due to Pearl's thick polyurethane spray inside the shells of that era. No?
Yes, I have this BLX set (10/12/13/14/16/22) in Sequoia Red. In my experience, they are louder than Recording Customs, too, due to the thicker shells and glossy interiors. This is probably the loudest set of drums I own. Plenty of cut and the bass drum is a beast!

My latest purchase was a used Ludwig 14x6.5 Copperphonic. Still paid too much for it but not as much as I would have if someone else didn't buy it first and return it! I knew I was eventually gonna get one, so I jumped at the chance to save a couple of bills. Winning!

That cubic beater - neat. Does it produce a really steep attack?

Yes it does! Not the beater for everyone and not the beater for every situation. A UK drummer friend turned me on to it: Danmar Zoro Signature Model 206S. It has a hardened 6-1/2" black shaft. Used to be available in a chrome shaft, not sure if that is still available or not. They also have the same beater with a 7-1/2" shaft.

Just brought this TRS Custom drums Custom Craft Series Kit home today . A superb kit and in very convenient sizes . 20 x 12 ; 12 x 7 and 15 x 12 . I had posted a pic previously before it was all complete, so here is the finished product .

Attachments

• B53CCAEC-C6C5-41FB-9CFC-0F7306AE25F5.jpeg
    B53CCAEC-C6C5-41FB-9CFC-0F7306AE25F5.jpeg
    293.3 KB · Views: 13
I custom ordered this Sonor SQ2 drum kit and combined it with Sonor Signature Series Hardware. I had a choice to buy a new car or this drum set - I am more than pleased with my decision. This set is a Sonor SQ2 Medium German Beech Shells in Birdseye Cherry Satin Finish and all drums are made with extended shell depths since I was looking for a particular low-end sound.

Attachments

• Sonor_SQ7.JPG.jpeg
    Sonor_SQ7.JPG.jpeg
    985.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Sonor_SQ2_7.jpg
    Sonor_SQ2_7.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 36
Back