What's your latest purchase?

Nice Unix drums!! Great week, congrats!

16" Holy Hat & Bubinga snare!

Hat_Snare.jpg

Jeez you're on a roll lately. Did you come into some $$$$?

Hardly.

Then you'd see a USA Custom 6-piece. :)

I actually quit an abusive job situation a while back.

I'm now at home with my folks living more or less on self caught fish and homegrow veggies.

Unemployment and the money from the few gigs I have goes to picking up the the last books and little pieces of gear that's on an old list + stuff that'll make student life easier and less expensive.

Silent realistic practice is offcourse a great priority. Love the Super Pads. Though not 100% realistic in every way, they are the only solution I have tried that doesn't mess up my technique. They enforce looseness and have, though not necessarily the exact amount of rebound, it is the RIGHT TYPE of rebound.

I'm putting all my eggs in one basket and hoping to get into a performance master on my new instrument next fall.

Have more books coming and gonna pick myself up a new cajon shortly, but then it's full stop for a long time.

First part of Super Pad mod is curing:

Last edited:
Hardly.

Then you'd see a USA Custom 6-piece. :)

I actually quit an abusive job situation a while back.

I'm now at home with my folks living more or less on self caught fish and homegrow veggies.

Unemployment and the money from the few gigs I have goes to picking up the the last books and little pieces of gear that's on an old list + stuff that'll make student life easier and less expensive.

Silent realistic practice is offcourse a great priority. Love the Super Pads. Though not 100% realistic in every way, they are the only solution I have tried that doesn't mess up my technique. They enforce looseness and have, though not necessarily the exact amount of rebound, it is the RIGHT TYPE of rebound.

I'm putting all my eggs in one basket and hoping to get into a performance master on my new instrument next fall.

Have more books coming and gonna pick myself up a new cajon shortly, but then it's full stop for a long time.

First part of Super Pad mod is curing:

Ah cool, you set yourself free from a shitty job and now you want to focus on your drumming, not a bad place to be :)

I have 3 jobs as of this week, not sure how I feel about that :(
But I feel less guilty buying gear. 8" dw tom on the way and I feel new beats are on the horizon.

Well, my job was teaching drums, although I'm pretty sure my boss though I was seling popcorn, sugar cotton and teaching hula hoops.

I would prefer to still be working there and I miss the kids a lot, I feel quite responsible for them too, but she made choices continuously over a never ending cycle over two years that made it quite impossible to continue.

Long story short I'm starting a conversation with the Labour Inspection Authority now and I'm about to report the abuse to my local chief of police. These things shouldn't happen in a music school and certainly not for no reason at all, other than someone being a psychopath, but they did, and due to what you would call corruption of the Norwegian version of a middle of Montana, redneck, hillbilly, discriminatory administration, one set of rules for the locals and another for the rest type situation, she got away with it.

The place and the kids aren't really like that (we gnerally get the kids and students we deserve), but the older people in the administration are.

Teaching music is what I want to do, I've done my share of factory labour for sure, but for my own health a sanity it's time to go to a bigger city and just be patient where things are expensive and jobs are harder to come by, but at least those jobs work the way they should do. A new degree should be helpful in getting there.

Well, my job was teaching drums, although I'm pretty sure my boss though I was seling popcorn, sugar cotton and teaching hula hoops.

I would prefer to still be working there and I miss the kids a lot, I feel quite responsible for them too, but she made choices continuously over a never ending cycle over two years that made it quite impossible to continue.

Long story short I'm starting a conversation with the Labour Inspection Authority now and I'm about to report the abuse to my local chief of police. These things shouldn't happen in a music school and certainly not for no reason at all, other than someone being a psychopath, but they did, and due to what you would call corruption of the Norwegian version of a middle of Montana, redneck, hillbilly, discriminatory administration, one set of rules for the locals and another for the rest type situation, she got away with it.

The place and the kids aren't really like that (we gnerally get the kids and students we deserve), but the older people in the administration are.

Teaching music is what I want to do, I've done my share of factory labour for sure, but for my own health a sanity it's time to go to a bigger city and just be patient where things are expensive and jobs are harder to come by, but at least those jobs work the way they should do. A new degree should be helpful in getting there.

Study hard and best of luck in your job search !

I just got this. Zildjian A 17" Fast Crash and another Tama Road Pro boom stand. Cool cymbal, slightly darker sound than I originally thought and expected although sounds great.

17-fast-crash.jpg

George Way Tradition, Bocote/Maple/Milkwood snare. 8"x14", 45/45 edges.

Attachments

• 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 541
  • 064.jpg
    064.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 541
Has been a good stretch, thanks.

Two newbies in the house!

20160902_200059_zps68iabell.jpg

The udrum is the fat/loud/punchy in your face snare I wanted, and the black beauty will likely replace my Pork Pie. It's surprising how similar they sound...but the Ludwig just has something; less ringy, crisper snares, and garbage hardware. lol

Two newbies in the house!

20160902_200059_zps68iabell.jpg

The udrum is the fat/loud/punchy in your face snare I wanted, and the black beauty will likely replace my Pork Pie. It's surprising how similar they sound...but the Ludwig just has something; less ringy, crisper snares, and garbage hardware. lol

That cherry bomb is crazy to look at...in a good way. Wonder if they'd do a blueberry bomb version? It looks punchy and in your face just siting there.

Back