What's your latest purchase?

Re: Amedia Antique 20in Ride

Picked up this cymbal at the Chicago Drum Show this weekend. It's pretty heavy and sounds best in an acoustic room (vs carpetted). It's supposedly Turkish company. Paid $228 for it. I like the wire-wheel finish - looks like they took a drill with a wire-wheel bit, and went over the entire cymbal front and back (although carefully paying attention to direction so as to affect a spiral pattern toward the bell).
I like the way it looks AND sounds...
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

I've played quite a few Amedia's, courtesy of Andy. Went to one of their exhibitions once too (nice, small affair) and the cymbals were lovely. A couple of years ago at the London Drum Show, there was a beautiful 21" ride and that was snapped up very quickly.

Memorial Day $15 off purchase of $75 or more OR $50 off purchase of $299 or more OR $150 off purchase of $799 or more offer

I was thinking about making a sizable purchase at GC to take advantage of this seemingly great sale. I clicked on the "details" and found a few exclusions :) :(

Products from the following manufacturers do not qualify for this offer:
3 Monkeys Amps, 3rd Power Amps, 65amps, A Designs, ADAM Audio, Aguilar, Akai Professional, AKG, Alesis, Allen & Heath, Alto, Altus, Alvarez, American Audio, American DJ, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Antoine Courtois Paris, Aphex, Apogee, Apple, Armstrong, ART, Arturia, Audio-Technica, Audix, Auralex, Avalon, Avanti, Avid, Axl, Azumi, B&S, B3 Guitars, Bach, Bad Cat, BAM, BeatKangz, Beats By Dre, Bedell, Behringer, Belkin, Benchmark, Benchmark Media Systems, Benedetto Guitars, Besson, Bixonic, Black Cat, Blackheart, Blackstar, Blue, Bogner, Bosch, Bose, Boss, Breedlove, Bricasti, Brio, BSS Audio, Budda, Buffet Crampon, Bugera, Bundy, Carl Martin, Casio, Cerwin-Vega, Chameleon Labs, Chandler Limited, Charvel, Chauvet, Cleartone, Cloud, Conn, Cordoba Music Group, Courtois, Crate, Crown, Cusack, Daking, Dangerous Music, dbx, ddrum, Dean, Death By Audio, Diamond Amplification, Diezel, DigiTech, Dime Amplification, Disney by Washburn, DLS Effects, Drawmer, Dunnett, Drum Workshop, Earthquaker Devices, EBS, Eden, Edirol, Elation, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Voice, Elysia, Emerson, EMG, Eminence, EMMA Electronic, Empirical Labs, Empress Effects, Engl, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, Eventide, EVH, Evil Robot, F. Loree Paris, Fano Guitars, Fargen Amps, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Fishman, Focal, Focusrite, Fox, Friedman, Fryette, Fuchs, Fulltone, Furman, G7th, Gallien-Krueger, Galway, Gator, Gemeinhardt, Genz Benz, Getzen, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Gibson USA, Giffin Guitars, GNI Pedals, Godlyke, Gold Tone, Golden Age, Golden Age Project, Grace Design, Great Divide, Great River, Gretsch, Gretsch Drums, Gretsch Guitars, Guild, Guyatone, Hagstrom, Hans Hoyer, Hao, Harden Engineering, Harman, Haynes, Hercules, HHB, Hohner, Holton, Ibanez, ISP Technologies, J Puchner, Jackson, JamHub, Jasmine by Takamine, JBL, Jet City Amplification, Jody Jaz, Jupiter, K&M, Kanstul, Kawai, Keeley, Keilwerth, Keith McMillen Instruments, Kemper, King, Koll Guitars, Korg, Kramer, KRK, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, Laney, Langevin, Leblanc, Lexicon, Line 6, LovePedal, LP, LsL Instruments, Ludwig, Luna Guitars, M-Audio, Mackie, Mad Professor, Malekko Heavy Industry, Manley, Mapex, Markbass, Marshall, Martin, Martin-Leblac, Matchless Amps, Maxon, Meinl, Meinl Weston, Millennia, Miraphone, Mixosaurus, Mogami, Mojave Audio, Moog, Morgan, MOTU, Music Man, MusicXPC, N-Tune, Neumann, Neve, Nord, Novation, NS Design, Numark, Olympus, On-Stage Stands, Option 5, Orange Amplifiers, Ortofon, Ovation, P. Mauriat, Pacific Drums & Percussion (PDP), Paiste, Parker Guitars, Pearl, Peavey, Pelonis Sound and Acoustics, Perris, Phonic, Pigtronix, Pioneer, Powell, Prelude by Conn-Selmer, PreSonus, Propellerhead, PRS, Purple Audio, QSC, Quik Lok, Radial Engineering, Rainsong, Randall, Rane, Reunion Blues, Rickenbacker, Rivera, RME, Roc-N-Soc, Rockbag by Warwick, Rockbass by Warwick, Rockcase by Warwick, RockStand by Warwick, Rode Microphones, Roland, Royer, Rupert Neve Designs, Sabian, Sample Logic, Schecter Guitar Research, Scherzer, Schilke, Schreiber, Schroeder, Schroeder Guitars, Selmer, Selmer Paris, Sennheiser, Serato, Shure, SKB, SM Pro Audio, Softube, Soldano, Solid State Logic, Sonare, Sonivox, Soul, Soundcraft, Squier, Stanton, Steinberg, Steinberger, Stephanhouser, Sterling by MusicMan, Summit Audio, Sweet Sound Electronic, Splawn, SWR, T-REX Engineering, Takamine, Tama, Tapco, Tascam, Taylor, TDK, Tech 21, Telefunken, Thermionic Culture, Toadworks, Tobias, Toca, Tone King, Tortuga, Traveler Guitar, Traynor, True Systems, Tube-Tech, Two Rock, Ultimate Support, Universal Audio, Vestax, Violet Audio, Vito, VMI, Voodoo Lab, VOX, W. Nirschl, Waldorf, Wampler, Warwick, Washburn, Weber Speakers, Western Digital, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, Yamaha Band & Orchestra, Yanagisawa, Zildjian, Zoom, ZVex Effects

Hi All!

This is my first post to DrummerWorld, so Hi to everyone on here! :)

Back to topic, here is my latest purchase, my Noble & Cooley Solid Oak "Atomic Age" Kit! Let me know what you think!

Daren Metz

Welcome! Great kit :)

In case anyone is interested (who wouldn't be!?! 'comon!) I just got 6 more pair of Regal Tip Quantam 1000 nylon sticks.
I take the ball tips off.
They have a nice "nub" style tip under the nylon. It gets great rebound, and cool sound for one of my bands, and is comfortable, with the solid sound I want when I play them butt ended in my 2 other bands.
I tried the wood tip version, but I like the tip-less way better.

Bought a 1980s Premier XPK, in red lacquer, last week, and have spent the week renovating and restoring.
Yesterday got my new Emperor batters and Ambassador resos, and today my new Yamaha lightweight hardware arrived. Boy those stands are smooth. I will be playing it tomorrow morning. Cant wait.

Welcome! Great kit :)

In case anyone is interested (who wouldn't be!?! 'comon!) I just got 6 more pair of Regal Tip Quantam 1000 nylon sticks.
I take the ball tips off.
They have a nice "nub" style tip under the nylon. It gets great rebound, and cool sound for one of my bands, and is comfortable, with the solid sound I want when I play them butt ended in my 2 other bands.
I tried the wood tip version, but I like the tip-less way better.

Thank you my friend and much respect to you!! I will post more pics if you guys want!

D
N&C

Haven't picked up the tickets yet but I got a flight to the US in mid-July. :D :D

Replaced under warranty but new toys nonetheless; Hercules stands.

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 921
I just bought a Tama/Camco reissue pedal the other day.

My goodness, where has this pedal been my whole life? It's so light and fast. Not many bells and whistles, just a nice solid pedal.

I'm glad I scored one. After looking around the interwebs, it seems it's already discontinued and pretty much unavailable everywhere. That didn't take long...

I wonder why they were only available for such a short time. I would love to score another one for the practice kit.

Man, that was the first bass drum pedal I ever had, and I STILL use it. They're the best. you don't need all this heavy duty stuff they have nowadays. There's quite a few of them on ebay if you're really looking to get another one.

Hi All!

This is my first post to DrummerWorld, so Hi to everyone on here! :)

Back to topic, here is my latest purchase, my Noble & Cooley Solid Oak "Atomic Age" Kit! Let me know what you think!

Daren Metz

Nice kit and welcome to the forum! I always like to meet the pros on here. Who are you currently working with, and have you visited the Your Place area of the forum? Alot of people post their playing snips there, some semi-professionally produced, some with just a cell phone, and all the inbetweens.

Steph

Just ordered a 6 x 14 Walnut stave snare drum for. Salem Street drums. Triple flange hoops, tube lugs, Trick strainer, Puresound equalizer snares and Evans 360 heads, gloss lacquer finish. The prices from them are very reasonable for a custom shop.

Memorial Day $15 off purchase of $75 or more OR $50 off purchase of $299 or more OR $150 off purchase of $799 or more offer

I was thinking about making a sizable purchase at GC to take advantage of this seemingly great sale. I clicked on the "details" and found a few exclusions :) :(

Products from the following manufacturers do not qualify for this offer:
3 Monkeys Amps, 3rd Power Amps, 65amps, A Designs, ADAM Audio, Aguilar, Akai Professional, AKG, Alesis, Allen & Heath, Alto, Altus, Alvarez, American Audio, American DJ, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Antoine Courtois Paris, Aphex, Apogee, Apple, Armstrong, ART, Arturia, Audio-Technica, Audix, Auralex, Avalon, Avanti, Avid, Axl, Azumi, B&S, B3 Guitars, Bach, Bad Cat, BAM, BeatKangz, Beats By Dre, Bedell, Behringer, Belkin, Benchmark, Benchmark Media Systems, Benedetto Guitars, Besson, Bixonic, Black Cat, Blackheart, Blackstar, Blue, Bogner, Bosch, Bose, Boss, Breedlove, Bricasti, Brio, BSS Audio, Budda, Buffet Crampon, Bugera, Bundy, Carl Martin, Casio, Cerwin-Vega, Chameleon Labs, Chandler Limited, Charvel, Chauvet, Cleartone, Cloud, Conn, Cordoba Music Group, Courtois, Crate, Crown, Cusack, Daking, Dangerous Music, dbx, ddrum, Dean, Death By Audio, Diamond Amplification, Diezel, DigiTech, Dime Amplification, Disney by Washburn, DLS Effects, Drawmer, Dunnett, Drum Workshop, Earthquaker Devices, EBS, Eden, Edirol, Elation, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Voice, Elysia, Emerson, EMG, Eminence, EMMA Electronic, Empirical Labs, Empress Effects, Engl, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, Eventide, EVH, Evil Robot, F. Loree Paris, Fano Guitars, Fargen Amps, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Fishman, Focal, Focusrite, Fox, Friedman, Fryette, Fuchs, Fulltone, Furman, G7th, Gallien-Krueger, Galway, Gator, Gemeinhardt, Genz Benz, Getzen, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Gibson USA, Giffin Guitars, GNI Pedals, Godlyke, Gold Tone, Golden Age, Golden Age Project, Grace Design, Great Divide, Great River, Gretsch, Gretsch Drums, Gretsch Guitars, Guild, Guyatone, Hagstrom, Hans Hoyer, Hao, Harden Engineering, Harman, Haynes, Hercules, HHB, Hohner, Holton, Ibanez, ISP Technologies, J Puchner, Jackson, JamHub, Jasmine by Takamine, JBL, Jet City Amplification, Jody Jaz, Jupiter, K&M, Kanstul, Kawai, Keeley, Keilwerth, Keith McMillen Instruments, Kemper, King, Koll Guitars, Korg, Kramer, KRK, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, Laney, Langevin, Leblanc, Lexicon, Line 6, LovePedal, LP, LsL Instruments, Ludwig, Luna Guitars, M-Audio, Mackie, Mad Professor, Malekko Heavy Industry, Manley, Mapex, Markbass, Marshall, Martin, Martin-Leblac, Matchless Amps, Maxon, Meinl, Meinl Weston, Millennia, Miraphone, Mixosaurus, Mogami, Mojave Audio, Moog, Morgan, MOTU, Music Man, MusicXPC, N-Tune, Neumann, Neve, Nord, Novation, NS Design, Numark, Olympus, On-Stage Stands, Option 5, Orange Amplifiers, Ortofon, Ovation, P. Mauriat, Pacific Drums & Percussion (PDP), Paiste, Parker Guitars, Pearl, Peavey, Pelonis Sound and Acoustics, Perris, Phonic, Pigtronix, Pioneer, Powell, Prelude by Conn-Selmer, PreSonus, Propellerhead, PRS, Purple Audio, QSC, Quik Lok, Radial Engineering, Rainsong, Randall, Rane, Reunion Blues, Rickenbacker, Rivera, RME, Roc-N-Soc, Rockbag by Warwick, Rockbass by Warwick, Rockcase by Warwick, RockStand by Warwick, Rode Microphones, Roland, Royer, Rupert Neve Designs, Sabian, Sample Logic, Schecter Guitar Research, Scherzer, Schilke, Schreiber, Schroeder, Schroeder Guitars, Selmer, Selmer Paris, Sennheiser, Serato, Shure, SKB, SM Pro Audio, Softube, Soldano, Solid State Logic, Sonare, Sonivox, Soul, Soundcraft, Squier, Stanton, Steinberg, Steinberger, Stephanhouser, Sterling by MusicMan, Summit Audio, Sweet Sound Electronic, Splawn, SWR, T-REX Engineering, Takamine, Tama, Tapco, Tascam, Taylor, TDK, Tech 21, Telefunken, Thermionic Culture, Toadworks, Tobias, Toca, Tone King, Tortuga, Traveler Guitar, Traynor, True Systems, Tube-Tech, Two Rock, Ultimate Support, Universal Audio, Vestax, Violet Audio, Vito, VMI, Voodoo Lab, VOX, W. Nirschl, Waldorf, Wampler, Warwick, Washburn, Weber Speakers, Western Digital, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, Yamaha Band & Orchestra, Yanagisawa, Zildjian, Zoom, ZVex Effects

They do the same thing every year. It's such a joke. Looks like Evans and Vic Firth and Vater are good if you need 75.00 worth of heads or sticks

It's been a while that I've bought something drum related. Got some new stuff at the weekend. Nothing special, just peanuts:

- 40 Stagg cymbal felts (primarily for my DIY bells/chimes)
- Pro Mark Benny Greb signature sticks (pretty much the same dimensions/shape than my favourite sticks, the Pro Mark Todd Sucherman signatures but hickory instead of maple -> too heavy for my hands but ok for more practice workout)
- Slap Klatz damper gel (2 larger, 2 smaller chunks) - work great but I cut one of the smaller one in half and it was already enough to tame my Sonor snare to where it sounds alright to me.

Picked this up last week.
Pearl Ultracast 6.5x14, 3mm cast aluminum shell. Very dry, wood-like tone. Swapped the snares for light gauge, chromed generics. Very nice drum.

Attachments

• 6514 ultracast copy.jpg
    6514 ultracast copy.jpg
    783.1 KB · Views: 865
Nice kit and welcome to the forum! I always like to meet the pros on here. Who are you currently working with, and have you visited the Your Place area of the forum? Alot of people post their playing snips there, some semi-professionally produced, some with just a cell phone, and all the inbetweens.

Steph

Hi Steph!

I think its easier to post some links on what I am up to! I will also visit the Your Place section and post on there as well! Thank you for the heads up! :)

DM

N&C

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=12&tab=58&showartist=71

Just arrived this morning. A commission order from Carolina Drumworks: 6.5 X 14" single ply walnut. Amazing sound and craftsmanship! This is destined to become my "go to" snare drum.

Attachments

• CDW1LoRes.jpg
    CDW1LoRes.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 827
Back