What's your latest purchase?

RickP

Gold Member
I bought a 5.5 x 14 Steambent Black Cherry shell from Drumfoundry off EBay.
I have had great luck with their shells.

PHIL2016

[cant get a pic set on here]
I just got a Porter & Davies BC2 Tactile Drum Throne Monitor System with Extra Wide Throne Top, already, this thing has been a lifesaver when my monitor speakers went out, the fact that I could actually hear as well as feel the other players through my seat speaks volumes about how great this system is!

jbonzo1

Silver Member
I bought a 5.5 x 14 Steambent Black Cherry shell from Drumfoundry off EBay.
I have had great luck with their shells.

I'll see your 5.5 and raise you a 6.5!
Just bought this one. I know you like these shells and I've wanted a 6.5x14 solid cherry.

Attachments

• my 6.5x14 ss cherry 1.jpg
    my 6.5x14 ss cherry 1.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 500

lefty2

Platinum Member
New to me 20" K ride(block letters) and 17" K Custom Dark Crash. I've had these on layaway for a couple of months. I now have 2 Ks and 1 K custom.

4a65e89b-9adc-46dc-a738-48a396ea2b88_zpseqzpr29d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
0196d007-3178-4ed8-82a8-dbd0538946f1_zpshqsm1qvb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
4059cd5e-615d-4f45-a24f-5f83842522ef_zpssvvm5doj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
e937b1d2-dbeb-4da9-9d8c-5a0fe2fa259d_zpsmangtld3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Superman

Gold Member
I picked up one of those Sabian SR2 10" splashes for like $35 on sale. I was actually surprised how decent it was. Very musical, way less trashy than Wuhan. At this price, I was happy.

RickP

Gold Member
I'll see your 5.5 and raise you a 6.5!
Just bought this one. I know you like these shells and I've wanted a 6.5x14 solid cherry.

Very nice ! Eric Sooy makes great shells. I bought a 6.5" Walnut off him two years ago and it is one of the best sounding Wood snares I have ever heard.

These are such a great deal for someone looking for a steambent solid shell snare and can't afford a Noble and Cooley or Craviotto.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
JoJo Mayer's Secret Weapons for the Modern Drummer.
I've watched the first disc once and the second disc twice so far. Lots of practical advice and it all seems like very doable excercises. I look forward to watching it many more times and I would highly recommend it for any drummer.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 459

blinky

Retired my worn-down old Pearl throne and bought a Tama 1st chair with a backrest. Very happy with it! Never had a backrest before, it feels good to have on longer practice sessions.

Thunder 42

Silver Member
236.jpg
Noble and Cooley SS Classic Red Oak snare (maple stain). 7"x14"

Attachments

• 237.jpg
    237.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 305
  • 238.jpg
    238.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

Thunder 42

Silver Member
What's the shell thickness? How does it sound?

1/4" board with oak rein. rings. Very clear and articulate tone. It is a loud drum. Sweet tuning low and mid ranges. It has a warm and long sustain. I really enjoy this drum.

Thanks RickP. I'm pleased with everything about this N&C build, my first and it will not be my last.

Destroyer772

Gold Member
Just got my first Sabian, a HHX Omni 22in. OMG I am blowed away. It is every thing I had hoped and more. Crashes like a huge fast crash, the ride is deep, dark and cuts. The bell sounds great too. Im off work tomorrow so I will be recording that bad boy for sure. Video demo coming

Attachments

• Sabian HHX Omni.JPG
    Sabian HHX Omni.JPG
    285 KB · Views: 307

T_Weaves

Silver Member
Just got my first Sabian, a HHX Omni 22in. OMG I am blowed away. It is every thing I had hoped and more. Crashes like a huge fast crash, the ride is deep, dark and cuts. The bell sounds great too. Im off work tomorrow so I will be recording that bad boy for sure. Video demo coming

NICE !!! said the 20 characters !!! :)

RickP

Gold Member
I bought back a 21" K Custom Organic ride I had swapped to someone. I was listening to a YouTube video I was playing on with this ride and I realized what a great ride it really is and that I wanted it back. They are cool rides and very versatile with outstanding bells. I love it for Latin tunes and Big Band.

DarbyWalters

Traded in my A Customs for:

Zildjian K Custom Hybrid Limited Edition 14.25" Reversible HiHats
18", 20" & 22" Keropes
PDP Rack to clean up the kit (5pc Sakae Celestial/plus 10x8 Keller Tom/Snare/DW Hardware)

Attachments

• SakaeZildian 1.1.jpg
    SakaeZildian 1.1.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 759
  • 1.0.jpg
    1.0.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 754