What's your latest purchase?

Believe it or not, I bought a third Unix kit in less than one month.
My latest purchase is a Stave Birch Bop Kit (18X14, 12X8, 14X14).

Here's a pic of the 12X8 Tom.

Dude, need more of your high quality pics...please??!! Man, I am happy for you! Congratulations!! How do they sound?

Dude, need more of your high quality pics...please??!! Man, I am happy for you! Congratulations!! How do they sound?

Thanks Thunder 42!

This kit sounds a bit like a Yamaha Recording Custom but it's punchier, fuller and more resonant. I put some infamous Pinstripes on it and it's still super resonant.

I'll post more pics tommorow.

Francois does great work. Very unusual to find a solid birch shell kit, mainly due to availability of suitable birch boards. Almost all birch lumber produced is used for decorative facing of construction boards, and that's the supply most ply builders draw from for their shells.

I was just joking around. That's a beautiful set of Sonors and Zildjians. Congrats, man.

Thanks! Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the rezos actually - I'm trying to trade them for something a bit thinner. The delites are beautiful, but they've got two-year-old two-ply batters all round at the moment, so they're definitely not sounding their best yet either :p. I'll be sure to post up some more photos once I get them just the way I like!

image.jpegNew pic of my new Slingerland Buddy Rich 4x14 brass snare drum. It was made in the 90's, so it's not a real Buddy Rich, and Slingerland didn't really build it so to speak. This came from Taiwan, and the name Slingerland was licensed out to this drum builder. Anyway, it's a wonderful drum with a snappy sound and quality hardware. The brass is a little tarnished here and there, but it sounds great! It will sound even better when I'm done with it.

A hard to find Classic Dunnett Blue Steel...I found one :)

Attachments

• Dunnett4.jpeg
    Dunnett4.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 411
  • Dunnett2.jpeg
    Dunnett2.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 408
  • Dunnett1.jpeg
    Dunnett1.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 426
I just purchased this Slingerland 1960's Hollywood Ace snare drum.
On second look, it may be an Artist model. I have not yet received it.
I'm pretty sure it is not a solid maple shell or it would have cost more $$$.

Can't wait to play the blues on it.

slingwmpsnr.jpg

Last edited:
Pearl Eliminator to replace my really old version of it before it was Eliminator

Cube computer (32GB Ram + 4 x 3.7ghz Intel Skylake)

Roland Studio Capture (16 in, 12 Mic preamp) USB2

Pitch Fork guitar pedal to give me that "extra metal" sound

Twine tied to a satchel strap - JohnoWorld's patented guitar strap

In addition to here I have:

A Shure SM57, a full set of Evans Onyx heads

Attachments

• DSC_0020.JPG
    DSC_0020.JPG
    305.6 KB · Views: 386
  • DSC_0168.JPG
    DSC_0168.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 389