What's your latest purchase?

incrementalg

Gold Member
I just ordered a Unix stave bubinga snare in 7x14. It'll be a while before I see it. In the last month I've picked up an Oriollo phantom and Gretsch rosewood snare. I'm gonna slow down on the gear now...lol

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
Yesterday I got frustrated with non-responsive new beat sellers on gumtree and asked another seller if he'd separate some from his cymbal set.. He said no but offered the lot for a great price. I said yes and magically sold the China and zil bel online last night so I'm off to a good start.

I'm gonna sell the older sweet ride that I already had (they're not much different), and I don't like the 18 medium thin crash.

They're near new so the plan is to get most of the money back. Not sure if I love them yet, will give them a chance.

If that rant was the slightest bit necessary I'm not sure

Attachments

AxisDrummer

Two newbies in the house!

The udrum is the fat/loud/punchy in your face snare I wanted, and the black beauty will likely replace my Pork Pie. It's surprising how similar they sound...but the Ludwig just has something; less ringy, crisper snares, and garbage hardware. lol
Any leads on where to find the Udrum Cherry Bomb? The first time I saw it, I fell in love but it was a bit too late. I know that they stopped making them and feel like I've looked high and low on the Internet during the past year with no luck.

Up2Speed

I've had a Jenkins-Martin snare on my radar for a long time. When these turned up on Reverb at demo prices I couldn't help myself.

(Left to right) 5" X 14" Blaemire, 6.5" X 14" Metallic Mahogany, 7" X 13" Copper Metallic.

Much thanks to the Jenkins-Martin crew!
Please post reviews. I have been curious as well.

steadypocket

Gold Member
Picked up an immaculate Tama Starclassic "Nashville kit": 14x24, 9x13, 16x16, and 6.5x14. Used as a demo by Tama at shows so the offer was too good to pass up. Six kits now. I need help. Pic of the 13" here.

Attachments

RickP

Gold Member
Picked up a brand new set of SKB padded bags for one of my kits off EBay for a ridiculously low price ( less than the price of a 20" bass drum bag from protection Racket). I already owned an SKB cymbal bag that is well made. I have owned SKB padded bags I the past and their outer is very similar to Beato's Pro 1. The SKB are water resistant too.

Duck Tape

Platinum Member
These are for the Saturn live kit (the one I put LED lighting into). The coated heads will make them glow.

10, 12, 16 ps4 coated
22 coated PS3
22 Evans smooth write eq3 reso

Attachments

S

savage8190

Any leads on where to find the Udrum Cherry Bomb? The first time I saw it, I fell in love but it was a bit too late. I know that they stopped making them and feel like I've looked high and low on the Internet during the past year with no luck.
I was actually talking to the guys at udrum at I don't think they make the Cherry Bomb anymore, but apparently they will be releasing the exact same drum in a natural brushed aluminum finish. Maybe shoot them an email? They are really good about responding.

pgm554

Platinum Member
Picked up an immaculate Tama Starclassic "Nashville kit": 14x24, 9x13, 16x16, and 6.5x14. Used as a demo by Tama at shows so the offer was too good to pass up. Six kits now. I need help. Pic of the 13" here.
saw a Yamaha PHX same finish at Gelb music in Redwood City about a year ago ,$6K.

Seafroggys

Silver Member
I just bought an 18" 2002 crash. Its my third one. I was breaking them every few years, after looking at some old drum videos I figured that my angle and height were pretty bad (they were angled toward me) so I probably wasn't playing them properly, because it was that specific crash in that specific position I was having problems with.

Stroker

Platinum Member
And the beautiful drums keep coming! Total eye-candy thread!

The colouration of the Tama Starclassic "Nashville kit" is insane!

drummingman

Gold Member
I just ordered the 20' combo pack Aquariun Super kick 1 regulator bass drum combo pack. No picks as its on the way. I'm looking forward to getting them!