What's your latest purchase?

As usual, more studio improvements. Two 1073 units from Stam Audio (which sound absolutely incredible) and a second AEA RPQ2 ribbon mic pre. Two channels of thick vibe, and two channels of clean, low-noise honesty.

The 1073s will be all-purpose recording and mixing channels and the RPQ2 will be permanently connected to my pair of AEA R84 ribbon mics that live in the room, which get used as room mics, percussion overdubs, and the occasional dark moody vocal.

91025E4E-162E-4FA0-88EE-DB87E3259EE8.jpeg8945A4B0-BE8F-4669-8B26-4B8ECD2E83B4.jpeg

Think that Remo Starfire (Silver, not the gold) heads in the bass drum reso's would look kick ass!!!
From the images I'd have preferred black over white, but yeah, chrome heads would look killer!

The Mapex boxes confuse me, or is that your previous kit boxed up? xD

What are the sizes of that baby?

Think that Remo Starfire (Silver, not the gold) heads in the bass drum reso's would look kick ass!!!
Tbh. Its the perfect anti theft coverage and the seller only had those.

Sizes are 8/10/12/13/14/16/18/22/22.

I would love to add a 15” rack too one day.

I asked Cymbalfusion to send me two of their custom chrome dw heads.

The shells are late 80’s, 90’s, and early 00’s. Both keller and DW’s own maple shells

Tbh. Its the perfect anti theft coverage and the seller only had those.

Sizes are 8/10/12/13/14/16/18/22/22.

I would love to add a 15” rack too one day.

I asked Cymbalfusion to send me two of their custom chrome dw heads.

The shells are late 80’s, 90’s, and early 00’s. Both keller and DW’s own maple shells
What depth are the bass drums.

it won’t be played until we moved to a new house which hopefully will still happen this year
Tired Over It GIF by Desus & Mero

Edit: Do you plan on using your tiny car to transport this kit to gigs?

Tired Over It GIF by Desus & Mero

Edit: Do you plan on using your tiny car to transport this kit to gigs?
Haha. No.

Im still not planning on doing much gigging this year.

The ones I do there is a backline, or like last night brought along the kick from my buddy, with my snare and hats.

And again all the visitors and fellor musicians were surprised how much can fit in that tiny thing.

Broke a snare head on my Pearl Export workhorse so I’m putting the fiber skin head that came with the Black Panther Maximus Jeff Hamilton Mahogany snare on the Export and a new Remo Emperor X on the Maximus.
The fiber skin has held up better than I anticipated.
I have a Remo Emperor X on a Black Panther hammered bronze snare that sounds pretty good, so I’ll give it a try on this one. So far so good.

0DAB1D7B-793E-47DF-A8D1-E1B0FB7E8D6D.jpeg586A9EFF-B70D-4B0C-91F1-0DF2A69072D9.jpeg

Back