What's your latest purchase?

River19

Drumdame

Silver Member
Sonor Perfect Balance Standard pedal. Figured I'd take the plunge after all these years.
You're gonna love it! I'm glad you did. ENJOY!

Drummer_D

Drumdame

Silver Member
I just bought a rewrapped, restored Ludwig Standard 5/13/16/22 set in Bumwrap's Oyster Pink #2, which is actually burgundy/grey oyster. The drums look and sound incredible. I'm picking them up next week sometime. Pics soon.
Can't wait to see the pics. Congrats!

Drummer_D

BGDurham

Starclassic Maple shell pack and Yamaha Absolute Hybrid snare. Seller told me he toured with them through Eastern Europe, including a church in Kyiv! (May need to change my avatar pic!)

Starclassic Maples.jpg

Last edited:

Drumdame

Silver Member
Starclassic Maple shell pack and Yamaha Absolute Hybrid snare. Seller told me he toured with them through Eastern Europe, including a church in Kyiv! (May need to change my avatar pic!)

View attachment 118008
Absolutely gorgeous... enjoy!

Drummer_D

Drumdame

Silver Member
I picked up the 22” Sabian HHX Anthology hi Bell and 14” HHX Anthology hi Bell hats today to go with the 18” HHX anthology Hi Bell I picked up a couple weeks ago to complete the set . I have not been this excited about a Sabian cymbal series since the Sabian Artisan was introduced .
These Anthology cymbals are beautiful versatile cymbals that feel great to play and they work well with the Artisan cymbals and HHX Complex cymbals I already owned .
Congrats! Enjoy!

"And The Beat Goes On"

Drummer_D

River19

I posted this in it's own thread in "Drums" as I was trying to figure out exactly what this "mutt" of a drum was/is........ 14 x 5" snare.

My theory......someone can across a late 50s Ludwig 8 lug, probably Jazz Fest/Barrett Deems that was in rough shape. Re-wrapped it, bought new hoops (notice Made in Taiwan sticker) and a Ludwig throw off and made some bearing edge repairs and played it.

The drum came with a fully functional and intact Humes & Berg hard case as well.

One theory was that it may be a Keller Legacy Mahogany shell build, but those have 1.5" maple re-rings and these are 1" on the dot, so I'm thinking no. I have done a few good snare builds and one was with a Keller shell, this doesn't seem like a new Keller at all. When I opened this shell, the smell I got was "old" and the wood is really dry. Definitely mahogany with maple re-rings....

Sounds good.....does the throwback Motown thing well which is what I was kinda going for.

A touch over $200 to my door......IMG_2819.jpegIMG_2820.jpegIMG_2821.jpegIMG_2822.jpeg

Last edited:

Justinhub2003

Silver Member
Unfortunately Drum Center of Portsmouth didn’t have the Pearl Session Studio Snare in Stock and didn’t tell me for 5 days or so, even after I called to check.

So I had to switch my order.

Im not sure if im keeping this snare or not, but it’s a Ludwig Universal Walnut Snare 14x6.5… it’s made in Taiwan.. which I didn’t realize until I just unboxed it.

But I’m going to put it through it’s paces and see if it’s worth keeping. It’s pretty.

295E0ECE-6745-4B2F-B3B6-5300104A2408.jpeg5C5312E8-71B1-4E1F-8ED0-4798ECBAB511.jpeg96B71578-CE6B-4726-B5CA-6C63D40A87DF.jpeg