What's your latest purchase?

heartbeat

I already have a 6.5" Classic Maple snare, but wanted one in the salesman wrap. Finally found one for a great price.
And 18" and 20" Paiste Masters dark crashes.

Attachments

• LudwigClassicMaple_6-5x14_salesman_1_sm.jpg
    LudwigClassicMaple_6-5x14_salesman_1_sm.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 9
  • MastersDarkCrashes_18-20_1_sm.jpg
    MastersDarkCrashes_18-20_1_sm.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 9

River19

Well, after 32 years of playing with the same kick pedal I finally broke down and ordered DW 9000. Probably good for another 32 years.

Replacing the Pearl P-880P double pedal which has been used in single pedal form for the past 20 years. Prior to that I was playing a Speed King so.......been playing for 37+ years and only had 2 pedals......kinda wondering if the DW will take some getting used to.

Also a testament to the Pearl's longevity....it has gone through many a gig, had many liquids of all types splashed, spilled or ejected on it over the years.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Also a testament to the Pearl's longevity....it has gone through many a gig, had many liquids of all types splashed, spilled or ejected on it over the years.
I’m always surprised at how well/smooth my IC pedal feels when I see how much it’s covered in dirt and debris. I think I’ve cleaned it twice in 15 years.

River19

I’m always surprised at how well/smooth my IC pedal feels when I see how much it’s covered in dirt and debris. I think I’ve cleaned it twice in 15 years.
Cleaned? I honestly can't remember even thinking of cleaning it in 32 years....... I feel like a horrible person. I stepped on this thing in unkind ways for 32years and gave it no love. I'll give it a retirement cleaning before it enters "backup" duty.

Icetech

Gold Member
Well, after 32 years of playing with the same kick pedal I finally broke down and ordered DW 9000. Probably good for another 32 years.

Replacing the Pearl P-880P double pedal which has been used in single pedal form for the past 20 years. Prior to that I was playing a Speed King so.......been playing for 37+ years and only had 2 pedals......kinda wondering if the DW will take some getting used to.

You will probably hate it at first, just give it a week or 2 :) I recently tried a different pedal after 7 years of only using 1 and was likeNOOO!! back to the one i'm used to.

and i was shocked how dirty my pedal was when i pulled it out (my drums never leave my drum room so it never gets moved/cleaned) Kinda felt bad.. gave it a quick cleaning then back to getting stomped on 2000 times a day :)

force3005

Silver Member
How about a thread to celebrate and marvel at our newest purchases? I know I'll enjoy seeing yours.

Here's mine:

A mixed box of toys. Evans g2 over g1 coated for my yamaha kit, tight screws and trick quick release cymbal toppers.

A quick release hi hat drop clutch, some rods, some brushes, emperors for my saturn kit, and a 20" emad which could go on either of my 20'' kicks. Also a dw cowbell mount.

I'm so happy.

You must post pictures wherever possible.

Non drum related things are encouraged.

Computer software problems so I went from Windows7-Pro to 10-Pro. Lost almost 2G out of over 10G on drumming information like notes, articles and pics. on the transfer. I have it backed up on backup drive now I have to go through and find files that did not come over and replace them with a copy of the files on my back drive. It will take about a week or so. At this time not a fan of 10. It's to much eye candy and from I am reading 11 is not as good as 10. Hope I can get 5-8 years out of 10-Pro as I did with 7-Pro and my wife is still using XP-Pro.

Last edited:

SomeBadDrummer

Gold Member
What liquids get ejected around a drum kit? :LOL: Are you sure you're using this gear properly?

River19

What liquids get ejected around a drum kit? :LOL: Are you sure you're using this gear properly?

To be clear......the most voluminous of liquids were not splashed or ejected by the guy in the driver's seat......but the college and bar crowd back in the day got a little "close" and "intimate" at certain packed venues.