What's your latest purchase?

spleeeeen

Platinum Member
There's no turning back at this point. We really need to fashion an elaborate drum-scent vocabulary and codify it within a formal system of aromatic analysis. With ambitious vision, we might even be able to extrapolate our framework to a compelling brand of drum-related ice cream: Walnut Whisper, Mahogany Mountain, Maple Massacre, and Birch Bombardment, to name just a few flavors. There's money to be had, Mr. Strange. I'll start applying for trademarks and patents. In the meantime, keep sniffing!
Not only the woods but the construction as well. Can we add some Steam-Bent Stank to your Maple Massacre?

Didn’t take long for this to get ssilly…

Bozozoid

Silver Member
Upgraded the spring tensioner on my trusty Yamaha FP7010 with a Gibraltar part today. As you can see from the photo, the Gibraltar part is much more robust than the OEM part. A package of two cost just a little over twelve dollars Canadian.

Upon swapping out the assemblies, I settled on a lower tension than before which seems to have improved the feel of the pedal, allowing for slightly quicker doubles. I'm a happy camper!

View attachment 107276
I'm at old chicago right now with friends F'd up!. I'm looking at these objects and I'm sure!..i need the bottom one. I love upgrade drum things. Thanks for these photos.

yammyfan

I'm at old chicago right now with friends F'd up!. I'm looking at these objects and I'm sure!..i need the bottom one. I love upgrade drum things. Thanks for these photos.
You bet. They're a nice upgrade, and cheap. Credit to Bo Eder for pointing them out in the first place.

lefty2

Platinum Member
2007 Iron Cobra rolling glide in new condition. It doesn't look like it's ever been used. My son got it with a rare Starclassic Performer kit (that's like brand new also) and sold it to me, at a good price ofcourse. I bought my curent IC in 91 so this will make me feel more secure about pedal failure at gigs.
20210815_185715.jpg

dwsabianguy

Well guys, I bought a 1980s Imperialstar Mastercraft snare, and sent Cade Capp a slightly ludicrous amount of money. Yes, the two are related.

It'll be here in 2.5-3 months. Let the anticipation begin!

Last edited:

Ryan Culberson

Recently purchased an EV RE20 for use as a bass drum mic. All the designated “kick” mics are fine and get the job done adequately in most situations… just wanted something with a flatter response at the source. It’s been nice being able to better fine tune the bass drum sound to meet the needs of the venue/situation. A bit more work up front, but worth it in the final product.

RickP

Gold Member
There's no turning back at this point. We really need to fashion an elaborate drum-scent vocabulary and codify it within a formal system of aromatic analysis. With ambitious vision, we might even be able to extrapolate our framework to a compelling brand of drum-related ice cream: Walnut Whisper, Mahogany Mountain, Maple Massacre, and Birch Bombardment, to name just a few flavors. There's money to be had, Mr. Strange. I'll start applying for trademarks and patents. In the meantime, keep sniffing!
My N&C Sassafras snare literally smells like Root Beer . The fact that it may be my favourite N&C snare ever is just the icing on the cake .CBB2AB2F-1298-4471-9374-8FA85AFEA670.jpegEF28269C-C66D-4D7D-BF1A-AEF96F081A89.jpegBA8DF797-EAAB-4EC6-8BAF-4C305221E158.jpeg

Last edited:

cbphoto

Platinum Member

Superman

Gold Member
Are there any more left from where you got it?
They had more more Black Panther which I also ordered. Will post tomorrow. Unfortunately those were the only two.

rebonn

Recently purchased an EV RE20 for use as a bass drum mic. All the designated “kick” mics are fine and get the job done adequately in most situations… just wanted something with a flatter response at the source. It’s been nice being able to better fine tune the bass drum sound to meet the needs of the venue/situation. A bit more work up front, but worth it in the final product.
I also like the EV kick mic, the N68 I think. It’s R&D’d for the kick so I just plug and play for gigs. You can crank up the RE 20 I guess from the flat response. I like it for recording the kick, bass and guitar cabs and vocals. It’s my favorite for the kick for sure.
Happy Kickin