What's your latest purchase?

JohnnyStix

Man I've tried that on several cymbals over the years and has never worked to stop the crack from spreading. Not even once.
That's a shame. These were done about 30 years ago, you can see they're right near the shoulder where I strike them. These are old, very thick cymbals. Nice and trashy.

Attachments

• IMAG0972.jpg
    IMAG0972.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0971.jpg
    IMAG0971.jpg
    288.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMAG0973.jpg
    IMAG0973.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 10

Sakae2xBopster

Picked up an SKB hardware case from the Sweetwater Demo specials. I've picked up a few useful things from that.
I've picked up a dozen Humes & Berg soft cases from Sweetwater from their demos over the past few years. (Just can't stand to pay full price for a case.) None of the cases look like they were ever used at all. Got a 22x18 H&B Galaxy case last week for my gorgeous vintage white Sakae kick.

drumnut87

Got myself these to try, slapkatz dampeners. see if theyre any better than moongels and my aquarian tone tabs

IMG_20210802_221901.jpg

SYMBOLIC DEATH

That looks great, very solid. Conversely, I'd love to get my 16&18 off the floor and hang them. Not sure if they'd be bouncing all over.

My 16 & 18 are mounted on a rack and the do bounce a little, but it's not like they move that much. The 16 is on a rims mount, and the 18 has the DW stm mount that has 2 tom mounts and is very stable.