What's your latest purchase?

pgm554

Platinum Member
Ordered these up to replace the hard plastic ones that shipped with my new Ludwig Down Beat.
You would figure for a top of the line drum set ,they would do better.

1627314082825.png

wildbill

Platinum Member
Nice! That's an awesome sounding cymbal. I've lusted after one as well and Rudi is one of my favorites. (y)

I recently bought some jewelry for the show queen:
I've always admired these, but never considered actually purchasing them..............until I stumbled across some for too good of a deal to pass up.
View attachment 106672
They serve no purpose other than looks. Oh the shame. 😞
But don't worry folks; the purchase did not distract me from nor cut in to precious time playing, as some of you might presume, so it's not a total loss. ;)
I'll give a full review of them once I get them on. 😁

I was looking for something like those a while ago. Can I ask where you got them from?

lefty2

Platinum Member
Arrived today! I was lucky enough to find this Ludwig bronze LM305 beauty, fresh off the shelf & untouched! These were discontinued by Ludwig years ago and are pretty rare to find in the drum market. It’s welded as opposed to being seamless, but it is deceptively heavy despite the thin shell. Score!
I have the brass version and it is pretty heavy also. Good drums

SomeBadDrummer

Posted this in another thread, recently found this 14x 6 1/2 Ludwig Epic snare with natural finish which appears to be in good shape. I am looking forward to experimenting with this drum which has a short video here:
Anyone else own an Epic?

Attachments

• 46AFF3DC-DB44-4929-9DF4-8F958620F46A.jpeg
    46AFF3DC-DB44-4929-9DF4-8F958620F46A.jpeg
    981.1 KB · Views: 1

dwsabianguy

Well my 60s 18" A Zildjian crash developed a crack up on the bow near the bell, so I have purchased a brand new 18" A Medium-Thin crash.

It's a fine cymbal, I suppose. Not as full and complex as the old one, but works well with my 20" Avedis and the 16" Paiste Full Crash over my main kick on the SS Cygnus. Still, I may have to try to find an 18" Avedis...

JohnnyStix

Well my 60s 18" A Zildjian crash developed a crack up on the bow near the bell, so I have purchased a brand new 18" A Medium-Thin crash.

It's a fine cymbal, I suppose. Not as full and complex as the old one, but works well with my 20" Avedis and the 16" Paiste Full Crash over my main kick on the SS Cygnus. Still, I may have to try to find an 18" Avedis...
I have a few old Rancan China types with cracks, and I drilled stop holes at the ends. They've been out on a few hundred gigs and about a zillion hours of practicing in the basement without moving a millimeter. Always worth a shot. A shame to shelve that beauty. Just sayin'