What's your latest purchase?

ronyd

Silver Member
Luv mine - previous version. Bought from same owner of the S-Classix birch - rosewood finish kit i also purchased last week. 👌

iCe

Some 'minor' things;
Three Remo 6" clear Pinstripes for my rocket toms
14" coated CS for main snare
Pearl NP-208 Rubber Hi-hat washer (to see if that fixes my hihat issues)
Tama QHC7 Quick Hi-Hat clutch
Vic Firth hickory 5A's (just to try those again)

Fred D

Pioneer Member
Another A&F snare. This one is a 3 X 13 with 6 lugs. Very open, high pitched, and loud. Great side snare. Also came with a Big Fat Snare ring that I wasn't expecting. It is was nice of the seller to include it. I messed with it a little and won't pass judgement until I record with it.

Attachments

• 3 X 13 1.jpg
    3 X 13 1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 3 X 13.jpg
    3 X 13.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 6

Justinhub2003

I’ve been really down sizing my gear lately. Sold a lot of gear.

But I’ve been really interested in playing small micro sets lately so I decided to pull the trigger on a Sonor AQX jungle set. 16” kick, 10” Tom, 13” floor Tom and 13” snare.

I’ve never owned a kick smaller than 22” so I’m excited to play this. I’ve been really thinking about adding a 3 piece micro sized kit to my drum room with just 3 cymbals (hats, ride, crash).

Can’t wait to test it out.

Attachments

• 9C4C0DC1-07A1-4688-865A-B117500895AA.jpeg
    9C4C0DC1-07A1-4688-865A-B117500895AA.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 0

Bozozoid

I’ve been really down sizing my gear lately. Sold a lot of gear.

But I’ve been really interested in playing small micro sets lately so I decided to pull the trigger on a Sonor AQX jungle set. 16” kick, 10” Tom, 13” floor Tom and 13” snare.

I’ve never owned a kick smaller than 22” so I’m excited to play this. I’ve been really thinking about adding a 3 piece micro sized kit to my drum room with just 3 cymbals (hats, ride, crash).

Can’t wait to test it out.
Every time I see sonor on a drumhead I feel lust..in the RIGHT way. Forgive me lord for there is lusteth in my hearteth. I think that's ok though.

Justinhub2003

DizzyApps

Arrived today! I was lucky enough to find this Ludwig bronze LM305 beauty, fresh off the shelf & untouched! These were discontinued by Ludwig years ago and are pretty rare to find in the drum market. It’s welded as opposed to being seamless, but it is deceptively heavy despite the thin shell. Score!

Attachments

• 279E2E1D-A2C6-4F9F-8437-0468D4FBA03E.jpeg
    279E2E1D-A2C6-4F9F-8437-0468D4FBA03E.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 13
well got a 7x14 Keplinger Black iron snare and 6x14 DW 3mm copper snare, no pics you all know what these things look like.

petrez

Just ordered a china I have been lusting for every since I saw Alex Rudinger using it frequently, 18" Meinl Pure Alloy. Quick, dry, trashy. Seems perfect, as far as I can tell.

Attachments

• thumb_i16099.jpg
    thumb_i16099.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1

wildbill

Platinum Member
Arrived today! I was lucky enough to find this Ludwig bronze LM305 beauty, fresh off the shelf & untouched! These were discontinued by Ludwig years ago and are pretty rare to find in the drum market. It’s welded as opposed to being seamless, but it is deceptively heavy despite the thin shell. Score!

Congrats - I remember your post in the drum section saying you were on the lookout for one.
That didn't take long. (y)

Justinhub2003

Got the Sonor AQX Jungle kit.

Such a great compliment to my larger more expensive Sonor SQ1 kit

This drum kit just insured me to play different.

Paired with my brass Benny Greb today. I’ll likely never use the snare that came with it

Side note: I played this with my trick pedal but they just don’t vibe together. I kinda want a speed king reissue to add to the kit
D23D44E9-A31D-4FD2-816C-37E646B5EFE1.jpeg4D2D7383-4A0E-48C7-B127-FF068482B779.jpeg

organworthyplayer337

Got the Sonor AQX Jungle kit.

Such a great compliment to my larger more expensive Sonor SQ1 kit

This drum kit just insured me to play different.

Paired with my brass Benny Greb today. I’ll likely never use the snare that came with it

Side note: I played this with my trick pedal but they just don’t vibe together. I kinda want a speed king reissue to add to the kit
View attachment 106638View attachment 106639
I know this is an odd and random thing to say, but the lighting in your studio/practice room is really good. All your pictures look great!

Justinhub2003

I know this is an odd and random thing to say, but the lighting in your studio/practice room is really good. All your pictures look great!

Ha it’s in my finished basement with zero windows. I’m just using 6 large super bright “daylight” flood lights. That plus iPhone 12 Pro camera is really good