What's your latest purchase?

cbphoto

Gold Member
Starlink! $550 for the hardware, plus $100 per month for unlimited, as-fast-as-possible-via-landsat internet access.

Starlink.JPG

IMG_7636 copy.jpg

For all you boys and girls who live in the boonies in Canada, northern USA, New Zealand, and southern Oz, and have lousy internet, Starlink might be a good alternative.

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
For all you boys and girls who live in the boonies in Canada, northern USA, New Zealand, and southern Oz

...or in the capital of Germany.

CommanderRoss

Silver Member
Starlink! $550 for the hardware, plus $100 per month for unlimited, as-fast-as-possible-via-landsat internet access.

View attachment 104226

For all you boys and girls who live in the boonies in Canada, northern USA, New Zealand, and southern Oz, and have lousy internet, Starlink might be a good alternative.
That's quite a large drum!
Who makes the head for it? :LOL:

Push pull stroke

Platinum Member

View attachment 104226

View attachment 104227

It’s not very practical in mountainous or heavily forested areas, but large swaths of the rural Midwest will definitely get at least a little benefit from it.

Jdub

Just watched a Starlink 60-satellite train, totally silent, in a clear night sky here in the Northwest U.S.A. Unfreaking real, especially when they handed me a book "To Serve Man" on the way...

I finally broke from my Iron Cobra Speed pedal to a DW 9000 and it was worth it. I really enjoy the flexibility of playing with the adjustable cam profile and de-linked footbed-to-beater relation. Any of you ever use bowling talc on the footbed for increased slide?

EDIT: Also came across a K left side ride with the triple rivets which I may grab in trade for a Mapex Brass Master in really nice condition.

drumnut87

technically not a purchase. my guitarist friend upgraded his home studio with scarlett interfaces, so he came by my house and dropped off this M-Audio M-track 8 interface for me to have, which is awesome. so now i have 16 channels to play with (as id be combingin it with my behringer u-phoria 1820 interface). whenever i can *FINALLY* hire a local bars function room and set up my kit, mics and interfaces! :)

download.jpg

felonious69

In post #4883 I told ya all about the snare I bought for ROX (8).

Today, should arrive my PDP 2-leg Hi Hat stand (too many legs and left bass pedal down there...gotta try to squeeze)
Gonna give the stock Pearl HH stand and the stock hats to ROX to add to her situation.

Snare AND hats(?) should help. (for now)

Probably see her at my mom's house on Monday.