What's your latest purchase?

alparrott

Platinum Member
Got a set of Evans UV2s for my toms as my bands are getting ready to start playing out for the first time in over a year. Just from the few thumps I gave the toms at home I was blown away. I ordered a set for the kit I play at church and they are really nice, warm and full of tone. Highly recommended if you like a 2-ply tom batter.

felonious69

I wanted to try a 12 or a 13 snare.
MF had one, used listed as 13 x 5 Pork Pie. (I am budget dude, JSYK)
I bought it. It is clean as hell, and the hardware is immaculate.
Pork Pie 2.jpgPork Pie 3.jpg
Now when it got here today, I took it home from work. It is a 12. Also, My Pearl snare IS 14 x 5.5:
Pork Pie 5.jpgPork Pie 7.jpg
This Pork Pie is at least an inch taller.
I am not bummed about it, except that MF seems to be wrong as often as they are right.

Justinhub2003

Nice it looks well made and I like the shape of it.. first I thought it was a a puck of 3/4" plywood then I read, leather, good idea, attractive product.

It sounds really good as well

Quai34

View attachment 103803
Sabian Artisan light 14” hats. They sound amazing!!
Ho my god, I hesitated so much between them and the Foundry Reserve!! I went for the Meinl just because I found a good price...I don't regret if though but you made me thinking to buy them!!!

yammyfan

The Zildjian K EFX arrived yesterday. It was in excellent condition for a used cymbal. Saved me $125 and all I had to do was remove some fingerprints. (y)

I have to say; I like this cymbal a lot more than I thought I was going to. Nice and trashy sounding but a little bit sweet too. Incredibly long decay which surprised me.

It's a keeper!

20210428_145551.jpg

Auspicious

The Zildjian K EFX arrived yesterday. It was in excellent condition for a used cymbal. Saved me $125 and all I had to do was remove some fingerprints. (y)

I have to say; I like this cymbal a lot more than I thought I was going to. Nice and trashy sounding but a little bit sweet too. Incredibly long decay which surprised me.

It's a keeper!

View attachment 103847
Very good looking, if you want, what is your solution to remove fingerprints?

lefty2

Platinum Member

yammyfan

Very good looking, if you want, what is your solution to remove fingerprints?
Thanks! I wet down my cymbals and spritz them with a little Groove Juice. The diluted cleaner does the job and doesn't hurt the logos as long as I don't spray them directly and let it sit.

SomeBadDrummer

I have one of those 18k dark med thin also and like it a lot.
It’s a great cymbal- size, shape, tone, bell, openness, and sustain are all outstanding. This is probably going to end up being the “go-to” crash. And I am even getting used to the great big K. But I must say that the Zildjian 18” A thin crash sounds similar in many ways, although brighter with longer sustain and slightly higher pitched. Overall the K seems slightly more “refined”.