What's your latest purchase?

Since were talking mattresses. My back has never been better since switching over to those foam mattresses they ship in a box. I think ours is Casper. And I sleep like a baby since upgrading.

Those are also my pedals of choice. In addition to being very smooth and responsive, I love the narrow base plate. I can get my snare and floor tom feet in much closer.
I personally like it better than my DW 9000. The Falcon is yet another Mapex product that is extremely underrated!

Got a set of Evans UV2s for my toms as my bands are getting ready to start playing out for the first time in over a year. Just from the few thumps I gave the toms at home I was blown away. I ordered a set for the kit I play at church and they are really nice, warm and full of tone. Highly recommended if you like a 2-ply tom batter.

I wanted to try a 12 or a 13 snare.
MF had one, used listed as 13 x 5 Pork Pie. (I am budget dude, JSYK)
I bought it. It is clean as hell, and the hardware is immaculate.
Pork Pie 2.jpgPork Pie 3.jpg
Now when it got here today, I took it home from work. It is a 12. Also, My Pearl snare IS 14 x 5.5:
Pork Pie 5.jpgPork Pie 7.jpg
This Pork Pie is at least an inch taller.
I am not bummed about it, except that MF seems to be wrong as often as they are right.

Nice it looks well made and I like the shape of it.. first I thought it was a a puck of 3/4" plywood then I read, leather, good idea, attractive product.

It sounds really good as well

View attachment 103803
Sabian Artisan light 14” hats. They sound amazing!!
Ho my god, I hesitated so much between them and the Foundry Reserve!! I went for the Meinl just because I found a good price...I don't regret if though but you made me thinking to buy them!!!

The Zildjian K EFX arrived yesterday. It was in excellent condition for a used cymbal. Saved me $125 and all I had to do was remove some fingerprints. (y)

I have to say; I like this cymbal a lot more than I thought I was going to. Nice and trashy sounding but a little bit sweet too. Incredibly long decay which surprised me.

It's a keeper!

20210428_145551.jpg

The Zildjian K EFX arrived yesterday. It was in excellent condition for a used cymbal. Saved me $125 and all I had to do was remove some fingerprints. (y)

I have to say; I like this cymbal a lot more than I thought I was going to. Nice and trashy sounding but a little bit sweet too. Incredibly long decay which surprised me.

It's a keeper!

View attachment 103847
Very good looking, if you want, what is your solution to remove fingerprints?

Very good looking, if you want, what is your solution to remove fingerprints?
Thanks! I wet down my cymbals and spritz them with a little Groove Juice. The diluted cleaner does the job and doesn't hurt the logos as long as I don't spray them directly and let it sit.

Back