What's your latest purchase?

Lee-Bro

18" AA Sabian China - Brand new, old stock with pre-redesigned logos.
Resizer_16150707358391.jpg
Resizer_16150707358392.jpg

And new to me a 4x14 DW Collector's maple snare in Green Glass Glitter to match my kit. And yes, I know my kit is dusty. I'll be doing a good spring cleaning on it in the near future.

Also picked up a Paiste Twenty series ride with 5 factory rivet holes. I'll be experimenting with rivets over the next week.

Resizer_16150707358393.jpgResizer_16150707358390.jpg

Last edited:

River19

Not a purchase per se.........finished up a nice 6ply cherry shell over the course of the week. 8 exterior coats, one interior and then measured, drilled and assembled this morning.

Waiting on a new batter head to come in before I tune it up and play it. This will compliment the 6" Maple ply and 7" Walnut stave snares I also built up.......

Cherry 1.1.jpgCherry 2.1.jpgCherry 3.1.jpg

Superman

Gold Member
Just took advantage of two closeout sales; Mapex Black Panther Brass Cat 5.5x14 and Mapex Black Panther Sledgehammer 6.5x14. I'm selling some old snares I no longer use to make room and pay for these two. Very excited to receive them in the mail.

Superman

Gold Member
More of an update to my latest purchase.
The ride I purchased a short while back was pretty nasty. It went beyond "patina" well into the "funk" stage. Not my thing.
I cleaned it which removed the labeling on the top side. I happened to like the understated Signature logo and felt somewhat bad for removing it, which is weird because normally I want it off of there. So, after polishing it, I put the logo back on.
Before:
View attachment 102008View attachment 102009
After cleaning:
View attachment 102010View attachment 102011

New logo/lettering:
View attachment 102012

They'll come off the next time I clean it, but that'll be a few years from now. I'll probably keep them off after that, but figured I'd give it a try as I've never done this before (or even considered it).

How did you accomplish putting the logos back on?? Looks great.

lefty2

Platinum Member
I bought a 20 inch K custom dark crash recently as a mate to my 18 in K dark crash. I tried to post a picture from my phone but it says it's too big then I tried to upload to Imgur and didn't have any luck with that yet either. Maybe later

wraub

I use an online picture host, like postimages or imgur, that resizes and provides a link you can use for message boards, there's many available. Works fine.

I bought a 20 inch K custom dark crash recently as a mate to my 18 in K dark crash. I tried to post a picture from my phone but it says it's too big then I tried to upload to Imgur and didn't have any luck with that yet either. Maybe later

Ghede

I use this: https://resizeimage.net/
Didn't test extensively, but for my phone camera, a resize to 25% is compatible with the uploads requirements!

Drum FX

Some old Turkish cymbals called "Velvet" (now discontinued i believe), a tangerine sparkle 22-13-16 Slingerland kit from the 70's, a 1970 Ludwig 22-13-16 in silver sparkle and a round badge snare. Thanks for having me and a big hello to all the members.

Attachments

• GetAttachmentThumbnail-8.jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail-8.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 8
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail-7.jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail-7.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 8
  • GetAttachmentThumbnail-8.jpg
    GetAttachmentThumbnail-8.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 7

lefty2

Platinum Member
I use an online picture host, like postimages or imgur, that resizes and provides a link you can use for message boards, there's many available. Works fine.
That's what I've been using but for some reason I couldn't figure that out either.

Supergrobi

Technical Supervisor
16" Zildjian K Sweet crash just arrived.

Looks stunning, like sandblasted, but it's just the photo I guess? Nonetheless I absolutely dig the contrast between sandblasted-like surface and the patina of the bell.

yammyfan

Looks stunning, like sandblasted, but it's just the photo I guess? Nonetheless I absolutely dig the contrast between sandblasted-like surface and the patina of the bell.
Thanks! The K Sweet crashes and Hi Hats have raw bells whereas the ride cymbals are completely lathed. It is a nice contrast indeed.

Last edited:

wraub

I just picked up one of these at a thrift store, partly to keep it away from indelicate attention, but mainly because the price was so absurdly low it would have been wrong to not buy it- in fact, when I relayed the price to my other half, I was told to get it. :)
1615339139205.png