What's your latest purchase?

RickP

Gold Member
Here are the Stellar Wood hoops I received today installed on my N&C CD Maples Toms . I am. Wry pleased with these hoops . They really add some resonance to the Toms and they are lighter than the steel hoops .

Attachments

• 1CD8D96B-5A85-41D1-9949-995E99D6B7DE.jpeg
    1CD8D96B-5A85-41D1-9949-995E99D6B7DE.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 11
  • F3EBFEBA-EFC9-4AE6-ACC5-A5C6E3BAEA73.jpeg
    F3EBFEBA-EFC9-4AE6-ACC5-A5C6E3BAEA73.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 9

Quai34

Picked up this second-hand Paiste Sound Formula 16" full crash.
Didn't know much about the discontinued SF range, but took a punt on it as the guy was selling it super cheap.
Really impressed with the complex tone from it.
I believe these are close in quality to the signature range which succeeded it.
Ho my god, I did like you, I was thinking to try buying my first Paiste with a signature model and my friend proposed to me the same one... Not surprising that I read Paiste discontinued it because it was basically the signature sound at a lower price and it was cannibalizing the new signature line...I love it, it gives me the Paiste Sound within the shimmering on top that still blend very well with my other cymbals...

OSDrums

I just pulled the trigger on this Beyer M201 TG. Anyone here used this for snare? Specifically, I wanted a bit more high detail capture, but without the hihat pickup issues often associated with condenser designs.
Yes, I have 5 of these and have used it on snare with success! Basically you can use this mic everywhere because it‘s so versatile. Brass, Piano, Git A+E, Vocals, you name it...
I had this mic in a snare mic comparison I did:
You can hear it soloed and in the mix.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I have 5 of these and have used it on snare with success! Basically you can use this mic everywhere because it‘s so versatile. Brass, Piano, Git A+E, Vocals, you name it...
I had this mic in a snare mic comparison I did:
You can hear it soloed and in the mix.
Excellent - thank you for this. The Beyer clearly had the best off axis rejection of the mic's you tested, whilst still retaining the highs in balance. That has effectively further confirmed my choice :)

PaisteGuy

Excuse the Crappy Pic’. Picked these Gretsch 57’s up this afternoon for a Church that needs a kit. Will replace the batter heads on the Toms and Snare, but the kick is in good shape. Didn’t have the matching throne, which would have been a nice touch. Fairly good condition. I’m tempted to keep these for myself, and get them another kit ?

Attachments

• 9E7C2B7B-7D69-4851-BF85-C4817D05053E.jpeg
    9E7C2B7B-7D69-4851-BF85-C4817D05053E.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 10

Auspicious

The Compact Disk era is not over for me.

I received from Amazon, this awesome pack of 50 colored cases because I am filling this CD tower with Blu-rays, my friend was about to toss the tower, it's a freebee for me, I burn at least 1 or 2 x 25gb Blu-Rays per month, to backup my stuff.

ZnNQSSi.jpg

These discs are highly durable they have a very long life span, well suited for archiving.

I have a couple of HDDs of course, but in my opinion, HDDs can't be trusted, USB keys are even less trustworthy.

So this is it!

I hope you are happy for me!

wraub

...I still use a minidisc recorder for stuff. ?

The Compact Disk era is not over for me.

I received from Amazon, this awesome pack of 50 colored cases because I am filling this CD tower with Blu-rays, my friend was about to toss the tower, it's a freebee for me, I burn at least 1 or 2 x 25gb Blu-Rays per month, to backup my stuff.

ZnNQSSi.jpg

These discs are highly durable they have a very long life span, well suited for archiving.

I have a couple of HDDs of course, but in my opinion, HDDs can't be trusted, USB keys are even less trustworthy.

So this is it!

I hope you are happy for me!

Doraemon

Have you ever taken drum gear home to rescue it, like you would a stray cat or dog? I drove by a music store and felt like something was calling me, and found this blackened old hi-hat stand for $19 (was worth probably less...). I spent almost 6 hours polishing it. It's simple, but works, and I think it's happy now.
beforeafter.jpg