What's your latest purchase?

drumnut87

I wish I could agree - tried several times to contact Alex wanting to buy his cymbals - :( I 've just bought Zildjian K-sweets.
did you use the website contact form or the FB page? as thats odd he would be unreachable :/

J-W

I wish I could agree - tried several times to contact Alex wanting to buy his cymbals - :( I 've just bought Zildjian K-sweets.

Well, Andy did say "Non better". I wouldn't exactly consider that a glowing review.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Andy did say "Non better". I wouldn't exactly consider that a glowing review.
I find that very strange. I don't praise people lightly. He's not only the most honest & down to earth guy you could wish to meet, he usually goes to extreme lengths to service clients.

J-W

I don't praise people lightly. He's not only the most honest & down to earth guy you could wish to meet, he usually goes to extreme lengths to service clients.

I believe you. I was playing off of the irony from your misspelling. Just a bad attempt at humor. My apologies. Carry on.

Picked up this second-hand Paiste Sound Formula 16" full crash.
Didn't know much about the discontinued SF range, but took a punt on it as the guy was selling it super cheap.
Really impressed with the complex tone from it.
I believe these are close in quality to the signature range which succeeded it.

Attachments

• sf.jpg
    sf.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 9

KEEF

I find that very strange. I don't praise people lightly. He's not only the most honest & down to earth guy you could wish to meet, he usually goes to extreme lengths to service clients.
did you use the website contact form or the FB page? as thats odd he would be unreachable :/

E-mail contact from the web site in the first instance - no response to that. Andy kindly gave him a nudge and he did mail me apologising, but then follow ups requesting price and availability went unanswered - two voicemail messages seemingly ignored - gave up at that point and spent my money elsewhere.
I'm sure there was no malice in it - nothing but good reviews on both the cymbals and the man, hence my desire to buy. Disappointing that hours of you tube viewing was wasted and having finally made a decision it was painful to have to go through it all again and find something else - but I'm only willing to chase a seller for so long. Plenty of options out there and I'm really liking the K's so I'm happy.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
E-mail contact from the web site in the first instance - no response to that. Andy kindly gave him a nudge and he did mail me apologising, but then follow ups requesting price and availability went unanswered - two voicemail messages seemingly ignored - gave up at that point and spent my money elsewhere.
I'm sure there was no malice in it - nothing but good reviews on both the cymbals and the man, hence my desire to buy. Disappointing that hours of you tube viewing was wasted and having finally made a decision it was painful to have to go through it all again and find something else - but I'm only willing to chase a seller for so long. Plenty of options out there and I'm really liking the K's so I'm happy.
Pleased you got sorted with cymbals you like - that's the main thing. Can't explain lack of response - that's disappointing. It will be "mentioned".

RickP

Gold Member
Stellar Wood hoops arrived for the Steambent kit that I have ordered from Summit Drums . Stellar does beautiful work for very reasonable prices especially when compared to what Yamaha charged for their wood hoops .

Attachments

• 6ECE1FBE-E6C4-40DA-BF2E-C42530EEA0A6.jpeg
    6ECE1FBE-E6C4-40DA-BF2E-C42530EEA0A6.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 9

Sakae2xBopster

Dream dark matter 15" hats and an LP Cyclops mounted tambourine. Love the sound of both!

IMG_3885.JPG

RickP

Gold Member
Here are the Stellar Wood hoops I received today installed on my N&C CD Maples Toms . I am. Wry pleased with these hoops . They really add some resonance to the Toms and they are lighter than the steel hoops .

Attachments

• 1CD8D96B-5A85-41D1-9949-995E99D6B7DE.jpeg
    1CD8D96B-5A85-41D1-9949-995E99D6B7DE.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 11
  • F3EBFEBA-EFC9-4AE6-ACC5-A5C6E3BAEA73.jpeg
    F3EBFEBA-EFC9-4AE6-ACC5-A5C6E3BAEA73.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 9

Quai34

Picked up this second-hand Paiste Sound Formula 16" full crash.
Didn't know much about the discontinued SF range, but took a punt on it as the guy was selling it super cheap.
Really impressed with the complex tone from it.
I believe these are close in quality to the signature range which succeeded it.
Ho my god, I did like you, I was thinking to try buying my first Paiste with a signature model and my friend proposed to me the same one... Not surprising that I read Paiste discontinued it because it was basically the signature sound at a lower price and it was cannibalizing the new signature line...I love it, it gives me the Paiste Sound within the shimmering on top that still blend very well with my other cymbals...

OSDrums

I just pulled the trigger on this Beyer M201 TG. Anyone here used this for snare? Specifically, I wanted a bit more high detail capture, but without the hihat pickup issues often associated with condenser designs.
Yes, I have 5 of these and have used it on snare with success! Basically you can use this mic everywhere because it‘s so versatile. Brass, Piano, Git A+E, Vocals, you name it...
I had this mic in a snare mic comparison I did:
You can hear it soloed and in the mix.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I have 5 of these and have used it on snare with success! Basically you can use this mic everywhere because it‘s so versatile. Brass, Piano, Git A+E, Vocals, you name it...
I had this mic in a snare mic comparison I did:
You can hear it soloed and in the mix.
Excellent - thank you for this. The Beyer clearly had the best off axis rejection of the mic's you tested, whilst still retaining the highs in balance. That has effectively further confirmed my choice :)

PaisteGuy

Excuse the Crappy Pic’. Picked these Gretsch 57’s up this afternoon for a Church that needs a kit. Will replace the batter heads on the Toms and Snare, but the kick is in good shape. Didn’t have the matching throne, which would have been a nice touch. Fairly good condition. I’m tempted to keep these for myself, and get them another kit ?

Attachments

• 9E7C2B7B-7D69-4851-BF85-C4817D05053E.jpeg
    9E7C2B7B-7D69-4851-BF85-C4817D05053E.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 10

Auspicious

The Compact Disk era is not over for me.

I received from Amazon, this awesome pack of 50 colored cases because I am filling this CD tower with Blu-rays, my friend was about to toss the tower, it's a freebee for me, I burn at least 1 or 2 x 25gb Blu-Rays per month, to backup my stuff.

ZnNQSSi.jpg

These discs are highly durable they have a very long life span, well suited for archiving.

I have a couple of HDDs of course, but in my opinion, HDDs can't be trusted, USB keys are even less trustworthy.

So this is it!

I hope you are happy for me!