What's your latest purchase?

drumnut87

I just pulled the trigger on my first cymbal purchase in a very very long time, a set of Amedia Ahmet Legend crashes - 17", 18", & 19".

My current cymbal collection covers a lot of ground, so absolutely not a necessary purchase, but they'll provide a specific voice I've been eyeing for some time. I'll put something up once I receive them.

View attachment 100782
excellent choice! :D

drumnut87

I think so :) I've tried Ahmet Legends before, & really liked them. Of course, pretty much my entire cymbal collection is made up of various Amedia series.
same! alex is a gem! :)

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
same! alex is a gem! :)
Alex & I go back a long way. We met when we both had an artist deal with the previous management of Amedia UK. Alex ended up taking over the company, & I've remained associated ever since. I've never had to look beyond Amedia for any sonic requirements. I use the same setup 90% of the time, but I have another 3 complete sets plus a fair few "specials".

drumnut87

Alex & I go back a long way. We met when we both had an artist deal with the previous management of Amedia UK. Alex ended up taking over the company, & I've remained associated ever since. I've never had to look beyond Amedia for any sonic requirements. I use the same setup 90% of the time, but I have another 3 complete sets plus a fair few "specials".
alex is the one who fully got me into amedia cymbals, he let me loan some of his to try them, and i fell in love with them, sold all my sabians to get mine! thats clocking on......ooo.....11/12 years now i think? loved being part of the amedia family :D

PaisteGuy

Picked these up, 17” & 19” Dark Energy Crashes and a Used Pair of 12” Copeland Rhythmatist Hats. Hoping the Blue Bell and 21” DE Mark 1 Rides arrive soon.

Attachments

• AE514F47-E5AB-4F91-80B8-C6D0DD245F96.jpeg
    AE514F47-E5AB-4F91-80B8-C6D0DD245F96.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 8
  • E6D2B816-3304-4D9B-BC9B-7BBBC7D30612.jpeg
    E6D2B816-3304-4D9B-BC9B-7BBBC7D30612.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

drumnut87

I wish I could agree - tried several times to contact Alex wanting to buy his cymbals - :( I 've just bought Zildjian K-sweets.
did you use the website contact form or the FB page? as thats odd he would be unreachable :/

J-W

I wish I could agree - tried several times to contact Alex wanting to buy his cymbals - :( I 've just bought Zildjian K-sweets.

Well, Andy did say "Non better". I wouldn't exactly consider that a glowing review.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Andy did say "Non better". I wouldn't exactly consider that a glowing review.
I find that very strange. I don't praise people lightly. He's not only the most honest & down to earth guy you could wish to meet, he usually goes to extreme lengths to service clients.

J-W

I don't praise people lightly. He's not only the most honest & down to earth guy you could wish to meet, he usually goes to extreme lengths to service clients.

I believe you. I was playing off of the irony from your misspelling. Just a bad attempt at humor. My apologies. Carry on.

Picked up this second-hand Paiste Sound Formula 16" full crash.
Didn't know much about the discontinued SF range, but took a punt on it as the guy was selling it super cheap.
Really impressed with the complex tone from it.
I believe these are close in quality to the signature range which succeeded it.

Attachments

• sf.jpg
    sf.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 9

KEEF

I find that very strange. I don't praise people lightly. He's not only the most honest & down to earth guy you could wish to meet, he usually goes to extreme lengths to service clients.
did you use the website contact form or the FB page? as thats odd he would be unreachable :/

E-mail contact from the web site in the first instance - no response to that. Andy kindly gave him a nudge and he did mail me apologising, but then follow ups requesting price and availability went unanswered - two voicemail messages seemingly ignored - gave up at that point and spent my money elsewhere.
I'm sure there was no malice in it - nothing but good reviews on both the cymbals and the man, hence my desire to buy. Disappointing that hours of you tube viewing was wasted and having finally made a decision it was painful to have to go through it all again and find something else - but I'm only willing to chase a seller for so long. Plenty of options out there and I'm really liking the K's so I'm happy.

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
E-mail contact from the web site in the first instance - no response to that. Andy kindly gave him a nudge and he did mail me apologising, but then follow ups requesting price and availability went unanswered - two voicemail messages seemingly ignored - gave up at that point and spent my money elsewhere.
I'm sure there was no malice in it - nothing but good reviews on both the cymbals and the man, hence my desire to buy. Disappointing that hours of you tube viewing was wasted and having finally made a decision it was painful to have to go through it all again and find something else - but I'm only willing to chase a seller for so long. Plenty of options out there and I'm really liking the K's so I'm happy.
Pleased you got sorted with cymbals you like - that's the main thing. Can't explain lack of response - that's disappointing. It will be "mentioned".

RickP

Gold Member
Stellar Wood hoops arrived for the Steambent kit that I have ordered from Summit Drums . Stellar does beautiful work for very reasonable prices especially when compared to what Yamaha charged for their wood hoops .

Attachments

• 6ECE1FBE-E6C4-40DA-BF2E-C42530EEA0A6.jpeg
    6ECE1FBE-E6C4-40DA-BF2E-C42530EEA0A6.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 9

Sakae2xBopster

Dream dark matter 15" hats and an LP Cyclops mounted tambourine. Love the sound of both!

IMG_3885.JPG