What's your latest purchase?

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
What a sound. Can't wait till it gets here.

97FB5F47-76C3-4075-A20C-EF75A9AFDF3E.jpeg

I will change the gold to chrome asap as it doesn't match the kit (as they have stopped making these and I could get one for a more than fine price)

Last edited:

C.M. Jones

The search is over, my dream ride is here...born to live, live to ride!??View attachment 100744

Let the bells ring out, let the horns resound, let the kingdom rejoice in belated relief! Al's prize Blue Bell has finally arrived. We must eat, drink, and be merry. The arduous wait is over. Now is the time for decadent mirth.

Glad you went with the Copeland model, man. It was the right thing to do. You can't have intentions of playing it though. It's too damn lovely to be struck. A single stick mark would be a crime.

Last edited:

Al Strange

Let the bells ring out, let the horns resound, let the kingdom rejoice in belated relief! Al's prized Blue Bell has finally arrived. We must eat, drink, and be merry. The arduous wait is over. Now is the time for decadent mirth.

Glad you went with the Copeland model, man. It was the right thing to do. You can't have intentions of playing it though. It's too damn lovely to be struck. A single stick mark would be a crime.
Cheers mate! It’s a thing of beauty for sure...hmmm, maybe I should frame it and only handle with white cotton gloves; nah, scratch that, I’m gonna smash the life out of it!!! ? (y):D

C.M. Jones

Cheers mate! It’s a thing of beauty for sure...hmmm, maybe I should frame it and only handle with white cotton gloves; nah, scratch that, I’m gonna smash the life out of it!!! ? (y):D

Kidding aside, it will look even better once it's been blemished a bit. Etched with Copeland's spirit, it's designed to take a proper beating. I hope it's everything you hoped for. Congrats again on fulfilling the dream.

Old Dog new Cans

The search is over, my dream ride is here...born to live, live to ride!??View attachment 100744

Very nice looking cymbal my friend. Nice. :cool:

I recently picked up a new Ludwig Speed King bass drum pedal. Sweetwater gave me $20 off. And, I bought a Slingerland Tempo King, very used from the 70s. Got the Slingy for less than 2 20s. Had it shipped to Vitalizer Drums to be cleaned and restored. Maybe even modified to a direct drive if Vincent can do that.

Al Strange

Very nice looking cymbal my friend. Nice. :cool:

I recently picked up a new Ludwig Speed King bass drum pedal. Sweetwater gave me $20 off. And, I bought a Slingerland Tempo King, very used from the 70s. Got the Slingy for less than 2 20s. Had it shipped to Vitalizer Drums to be cleaned and restored. Maybe even modified to a direct drive if Vincent can do that.
Nice work mate!:D(y)

C.M. Jones

This cymbal has to be heard in person to truly appreciate it...I’m not surprised Stewart took it round the world with him! Absolutely over the moon...or walking on it!:)(y)

I've only heard it in a few online recordings. The stick definition is phenomenal, very clean without being harsh. It's Copeland's sound for sure.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I think I heard somewhere that Stewart Copeland actually donates his hair as DNA into each batch of cymbal sheets.
That's right, Stewart collects and sends his cut hair to the company that makes Paiste's B8 sheets for inclusion in the sheets that are for Blue Bell Ride Cymbal ONLY! How about that! They put it in when the metal is molten!
So you got Copeland's DNA in that thing.
I bet you didn't know that