What's your latest purchase?

Al Strange

Just looked at the new relaunch models on their website, that 20'' power ride can cut!
Cheers mate. :) I currently play a Paiste 20” Alpha metal ride which is pretty awesome and I’ve used in the studio. I’d recommend this to any rock/metal players...but the blue bell is my holy grail of ride cymbals!!:) (y)

graysonator

Cheers mate. :) I currently play a Paiste 20” Alpha metal ride which is pretty awesome and I’ve used in the studio. I’d recommend this to any rock/metal players...but the blue bell is my holy grail of ride cymbals!!:) (y)
Yea man, sure fun to browse around their updated website, but I think the Dark Energy's and the 602's are more my style though

Al Strange

Yea man, sure fun to browse around their updated website, but I think the Dark Energy's and the 602's are more my style though
Cheers, I’ll check those out... I’m a big fan of the signature range and am looking to refresh my cymbal collection generally (not ruling out other brands either)... (y) :)

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
I have been so happy with my current bass rig that I have been "out of the market"...this looks sweet!!! will have to check them out
I've got to give credit to Leland Sklar and Mark Gollihur (Gollihur Music) for helping me wade through totally new waters as a first time bassist.
They are an invaluable source of information.

C.M. Jones

Fixing to start cleaning up the Rogers kit.

Remo CSx batter (for another snare that I will swap the head - has coated Ambassador), and Ambassador hazy snare side for snare.
13” and 16” Ambassador vintage coated for tom batters.View attachment 99979
View attachment 99981
The resos are in great shape and later I may go with diplomats.
I just want to see how this sounds first.
Let me know what you think of the Vintage Coated Ambassadors. I wouldn't mind trying one on my snare. They're double-ply but only .5-mil thicker than standard Ambassadors. I'm guessing that the Vintage version, owing to its extra ply, has a slightly more controlled sound.

dwsabianguy

Well, for one, I traded a pair of 13" first-run A Custom Hihats that I always thought were a little too thin for a pair of A Mastersounds. I've been bingeing Police concert bootlegs for the last two weeks and the Mastersounds do the Stewart Copeland thing better than the A Customs did. Still, it would be nice to find some blue label 602 Heavy hats...

And my roommate is moving out at the end of this month, and is taking his PA speakers with him, which I never really loved the sound of. So I get to build myself the best possible PA system for 500 bucks. I've ordered a Crown Microtech 2400 and 160 bucks' worth of cabling, and my buddy has some speakers with blown tweeters that he's giving to me, which I'll fix. Apparently the Microtech has a loud fan, so I'm going to put it in another room and run the speaker cables through the ceiling.

Ransan

Let me know what you think of the Vintage Coated Ambassadors. I wouldn't mind trying one on my snare. They're double-ply but only .5-mil thicker than standard Ambassadors. I'm guessing that the Vintage version, owing to its extra ply, has a slightly more controlled sound.
You got it!