What's your latest purchase?

someguy01

Is it stable when fully loaded?
quite stable actually. I was highly impressed by the entire thing. Well constructed, strong hardware, it comes with 2 tom arms to accommodate different holders. The u bar can be moved fore and aft along the legs to meet anyone's needs.
If you don't have a lot of space and are looking to reclaim some floor area, I highly recommend this. You can kind of see it here in my POV pic. It's holding the 12" tom, the ride and the 16"crash.

SomeBadDrummer

Arrived today! NIB, NOS , 6.5x14 Tama Starclassic bb. Unboxed ( decently packed), and checked finish and hardware and inside of shell by peering though the reso head. Everything looks perfect , but I’ll pop the heads and check bearing edges and tune and tap on Monday .
Some work to do and preparing and getting ready for a new puppy in the house Sunday, so it’ll have to wait . These quick cell phone shots don’t do it justice ( I need forum member @cbphoto to take pics ).
The molten brown burst lacquer literally glows in the sunlight like molten lava !

View attachment 99770View attachment 99771View attachment 99772View attachment 99773View attachment 99774View attachment 99775View attachment 99776
That is one GORGEOUS snare drum!!! I have serious snare envy! (Fortunately it will pass)
Very nice indeed.

That is one GORGEOUS snare drum!!! I have serious snare envy! (Fortunately it will pass)
Very nice indeed.
Thanks man , I really do love this finish . Can’t wait to dig into it ! Then set the kit back up
( been packed away for a few months) , as I was doing some remodeling. Never really got a chance to Dig into the kit fully either . Need to grab a HH stand, a new throne , a ride, and a crash or two . Eventually a double pedal also . Never really learned.

wraub

I, also, have wanted some Roto Toms since the first time I saw them in a store, many years ago...which is why I just bought some. :) :D
They were priced so I could flip 'em and not lose anything, I think. For now, I'm enjoying them lots. :)

Remo also has a 6,8,10 set w/stand, for sale for 250 at the EVIL Guitar Center, and their EVIL TWIN SISTER Musician's (probably frolicking with yer best) Friend.
Amazon has 'em too, but WAY MORE $
Man I tell ya, I've been wanting Rotos since I was a teen 35 years ago. I started searching, ALWAYS SO PRICEY. I love them, but I was not willing to pay the price for used Remo rotos. I just saw a 12" Remo roto with no stand going for $300. Nutbags, who's gonna pay that?

I don't think they sell out quickly. I could have purchased them multiple times this year, just didn't.

You should get you that nice computer for recording first! (y) :cool: And then the next day buy the rotos 👀:LOL:

Last edited:

J-W

Arrived today! NIB, NOS , 6.5x14 Tama Starclassic bb. Unboxed ( decently packed), and checked finish and hardware and inside of shell by peering though the reso head. Everything looks perfect , but I’ll pop the heads and check bearing edges and tune and tap on Monday .
Some work to do and preparing and getting ready for a new puppy in the house Sunday, so it’ll have to wait . These quick cell phone shots don’t do it justice ( I need forum member @cbphoto to take pics ).
The molten brown burst lacquer literally glows in the sunlight like molten lava !

View attachment 99770View attachment 99771View attachment 99772View attachment 99773View attachment 99774View attachment 99775View attachment 99776
Wow, that is one gorgeous snare! :love:(y)

SharkSandwich

I bought this little Qn2 4k Zoom camera. Frankly I am having a lot of fun with it so far, it's capable of recording drums, the microphone on it is impressive. I think it was a suggestion from @cbphoto originally as a low price solution for recording.

-->I think this is it.

PROS:
Controls are fun to use, surprisingly good microphone, works with super inexpensive NIMH AA 1.2 batteries, it has a recording volume and a couple of interesting fields of view, decent and useful 30 frame per second @ 1080p or 720p, ok video quality in bright rooms or outside.

CONS:
Files are literally HUGE 2m30 sec of recording at 4k and 60FPS = 1.7 gb, a real joke, 1080p @ 60 FPS files are way too large also. You need a computer with a good processor and cooling system to encode the videos in H264, H.256 etc (Fortunately I have that). Obsolete USB 2.0 file transfer, surprisingly low quality camera, it can't handle low light without adding an overwhelming amount of noise, the camera is a bit too expensive.

It has more CONS then PROS but the pros are winning, I love it. especially for the microphone capable of handling high amount of decibels.

(;
Zooms are so cool. I've always wanted one.
60 fps might be overkill. If you can shoot in 30p the files will be much more manageable.

yammyfan

I bought this little Qn2 4k Zoom camera. Frankly I am having a lot of fun with it so far, it's capable of recording drums, the microphone on it is impressive. I think it was a suggestion from @cbphoto originally as a low price solution for recording.

-->I think this is it.

PROS:
Controls are fun to use, surprisingly good microphone, works with super inexpensive NIMH AA 1.2 batteries, it has a recording volume and a couple of interesting fields of view, decent and useful 30 frame per second @ 1080p or 720p, ok video quality in bright rooms or outside.

CONS:
Files are literally HUGE 2m30 sec of recording at 4k and 60FPS = 1.7 gb, a real joke, 1080p @ 60 FPS files are way too large also. You need a computer with a good processor and cooling system to encode the videos in H264, H.256 etc (Fortunately I have that). Obsolete USB 2.0 file transfer, surprisingly low quality camera, it can't handle low light without adding an overwhelming amount of noise, the camera is a bit too expensive.

It has more CONS then PROS but the pros are winning, I love it. especially for the microphone capable of handling high amount of decibels.

(;
I'm glad you picked one up. As mentioned, the video quality isn't great but the audio is surprisingly good. Were you able to find it at L&M?

Auspicious

Zooms are so cool. I've always wanted one.
60 fps might be overkill. If you can shoot in 30p the files will be much more manageable.
I made a mistake first 60FPS is at 1080, not 4k but It's useful. For instance If you want to take snapshots of a slow motion video in VLC player for, the video at 60 FPS is more suited then the one at 30fps to do that, that's the only reason why I would use 60 Fps, otherwise yes 1080 30fps is more then enough. (;

I am very happy with the little camera.

Nice Crash cymbal you have there, I like the color too.

I'm glad you picked one up. As mentioned, the video quality isn't great but the audio is surprisingly good. Were you able to find it at L&M?
In good light condition, it's still beating my old Sony HDD camcorder which must be +-8 years old and probably around HD 720p, for me it's a major improvement nevertheless. I bought the cam on Amazon.ca simply, they had plenty in stock 1 week before Christmas.

They still have it in stock today.