What's your latest purchase?

Justinhub2003

Today’s Pick ups from my Local Drum store in cincinnati (Badges Drum Shop)

22” meinl Sand Crash Ride w/ Rivets
14” Canopus snare wires
Revolution brass cymbal toppers
Tackle leather cymbal washers
Canopus leather tension rod washers

but my favorite of the bunch:

the Brass Lasagne. Hand made in cincinnati by a local drummer. Sounds like the Benny Greb crasher hats

76772994-2C07-4992-A2DF-55DAA381612F.jpeg

Icetech

Gold Member
Quick update on that Greb snare...(played for bout 3 hours last night) not going to go into a long fawning rant.. BUT.. i can honestly say at this point i would sell all my other snares just to get one of these.. it's just amazingly good at any tuning, and that wool damper just kills off the very harshest of ringing without deadening the drum much at all.
I'm thinking of selling my '67 Rogers to get the brass greb now.. I don't think i can make the wood one as bright as i like.. but it still sounds unreal :)

Justinhub2003

Quick update on that Greb snare...(played for bout 3 hours last night) not going to go into a long fawning rant.. BUT.. i can honestly say at this point i would sell all my other snares just to get one of these.. it's just amazingly good at any tuning, and that wool damper just kills off the very harshest of ringing without deadening the drum much at all.
I'm thinking of selling my '67 Rogers to get the brass greb now.. I don't think i can make the wood one as bright as i like.. but it still sounds unreal :)

To me, a Ludwig Supraphonic 14x6.5 and a Benny Greb 2.0 would cover all the ground I would ever need.

dwsabianguy

...and I have ordered a 1TB SSD for the new iMac. It came with a 500GB SSD, which works fine, but the final Time Machine backup I was able to get off the old iMac is like 540GB due to it having a bunch of unnecessary photos and videos and won't load. So we spend more money.

Next-day shipping at OWC was sixteen bucks, so it should be here tomorrow morning. All I'm gonna say is that it BETTER GOT DANG WORK

Justinhub2003

...and I have ordered a 1TB SSD for the new iMac. It came with a 500GB SSD, which works fine, but the final Time Machine backup I was able to get off the old iMac is like 540GB due to it having a bunch of unnecessary photos and videos and won't load. So we spend more money.

Next-day shipping at OWC was sixteen bucks, so it should be here tomorrow morning. All I'm gonna say is that it BETTER GOT DANG WORK
You’re braver than I.

I’m the Only IT guy for an all Mac company with multi sites and I just don’t attempt IMac storage upgrades.

Justinhub2003

Man,

If Drum Center of Portsmouth allows me, I think im returning this A&F Snare.

I've played it all of 5 minutes but wanted to add a little bit thicker of a head. So I removed the head. This drum has a single hoops with Clips. Well when I go to put my new head on, the clips kept popping off in 2 places.

So I took them off and examined them and found both had cracks in the metal and the part that grabs the metal hoop was shorter on these 2 than any of the other 2.

Im just turned off by the experience of simply changing a head. I've reached out to A&F to see what they can do. Hopefully they can rush me a few other clips. But even then, not the best taste in my mouth for an 1100 dollar drum.

cbphoto

Gold Member
Man,

If Drum Center of Portsmouth allows me, I think im returning this A&F Snare.

I've played it all of 5 minutes but wanted to add a little bit thicker of a head. So I removed the head. This drum has a single hoops with Clips. Well when I go to put my new head on, the clips kept popping off in 2 places.

So I took them off and examined them and found both had cracks in the metal and the part that grabs the metal hoop was shorter on these 2 than any of the other 2.

Im just turned off by the experience of simply changing a head. I've reached out to A&F to see what they can do. Hopefully they can rush me a few other clips. But even then, not the best taste in my mouth for an 1100 dollar drum.
I’m pretty sure a cracked clip or two is part of the “aged & crusty” look that A&F is known for. No?

😂

sorry. I couldn’t resist. And I know exactly how you feel. I hope the issue is resolved to your satisfaction.