What's your latest purchase?

someguy01

Nice. I'm glad to see guys warming up to these drums!!! They are exceptional! Once you get into how the throw and butt plate works you'll really like it I have snare wire sets strung and ready to go. change out is a snap. Enjoy!!!!
A&F makes beautiful stuff. I do however want to slap whomever had the idea of putting a veneer over teak, that is sacrilege in the woodworking community.

Steady Freddy

Pioneer Member
A&F makes beautiful stuff. I do however want to slap whomever had the idea of putting a veneer over teak, that is sacrilege in the woodworking community.

As I understand it the teak was not working how they had hoped. But if you're a wood worker show em how it's done!!!

Icetech

Gold Member
Out for delivery
Arriving today by 8 PM

Tick tock.... I will say.. i never heard of Pineville music before (in NC i think) but they shipped same day and it showed fast (if it shows) pretty happy with em :)

wraub

My "road worn" bass is actually road worn, and looks it. It also plays amaaaaaaaaazingly well. :) Buying "road worn" can have pluses, i.e. minimal worries about regular scratches and wear, a "broken-in" feel, but, besides that, there's a certain visual appeal.

I think that's a good looking drum.

The 'road worn' look popular with guitars discussed in another thread.
I said I hope it doesn't catch on with drums, but it looks like it might be happening.
"Yep - this snare has been on the road for 75 years and it's brimming over with mojo". 🤪
(But it's brand new - don't tell anyone).

dwsabianguy

I had to get a new computer weeeeee

My 2011 iMac has been crashing repeatedly, and I'm not totally sure why. They're notorious for video cards failing, but I just put in a brand new GPU, and that did not fix the problem. Must have crashed twenty times last night.

So I got a 2012 iMac! It's got a better processor and an SSD, and I have Time Machine backups, so I should be back up and running later today.

Icetech

Gold Member
I had to get a new computer weeeeee

My 2011 iMac has been crashing repeatedly, and I'm not totally sure why. They're notorious for video cards failing, but I just put in a brand new GPU, and that did not fix the problem. Must have crashed twenty times last night.

So I got a 2012 iMac! It's got a better processor and an SSD, and I have Time Machine backups, so I should be back up and running later today.
DWS, i have to replace drives with SSD's in the older imacs all the time.. when they get old like that the drives will cause tons of issues.

someguy01

DWS, i have to replace drives with SSD's in the older imacs all the time.. when they get old like that the drives will cause tons of issues.
Apple quietly issued a TSB regarding the Seagate HDs in the iMac being prone to failure and they were to be swapped under warranty.

dwsabianguy

I guess I'll order a new drive and see if that will make the machine work. Either way, with the 2012 model I no longer need the 2011, so it would be nice to get my money back.